Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Furniture here and...bought a house!

Furniture here and...bought a house!

Old May 1st 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of
Talking Furniture here and...bought a house!

Yesterday was such an amazing day for us and I just felt like sharing it as I am so giddy at the moment.

Yesterday our furniture turned up! OMG is was amazing seeing everything again, especially how we have been living for the last 4 months with borrowed stuff and only two of everything! LOL. The first things we have set up are the LCD 42 inch TV and the Xbox and of course the sofa! Yipee! So far nothing is damaged and it all seemed packed very well. I am impressed with the service we have had.

Also the MAF inspection went so well. We were constantly being told by Expats here in Timaru that MAF would be a pain and the cleaning bills would be horrendous etc. We must have had a good MAF guy as the only things he wanted cleaning was our chainsaw and wellies and even then he took them down to the local port and did them for free. We got them back an hour later! We are so chuffed.

Also yesterday while our stuff was being unpacked we learnt that the offer we have put in on a house has been accepted! YAY!!! We are so chuffed as we got $30,000 off the asking price AND it has the most wonderful sea view! I never thought I would have a sea view, especially as good as this one is. We move in in about 3 - 4 weeks!

Also we have learnt that not only my family is coming out in October but at Christmas my Mother and Father in Law AND my beautiful Step Children are coming for Christmas and the New Year.

We are so happy at the moment...things could not be more brilliant.

Stef
Old May 1st 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default Re: Furniture here and...bought a house!

CONGRATULATIONS on all those lovely things happening! Celebrate and enjoy!
Old May 1st 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EmandKen
CONGRATULATIONS on all those lovely things happening! Celebrate and enjoy!
Wow!! that sounds so cool, you obviously found it more exciting getting your stuff than feeling a bit homesick. So good to hear things are working out for you and your family.I am now very jealous wish I was there!!
Old May 1st 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Stef!! How are you and Paul? I want to see piccies on here of this View!!!
Old May 1st 2008, 10:55 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on all that lovely stuff that's happening Any pics of the house?? It's like Christmas morning when your shipping arrives isn't it?
Old May 1st 2008, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations . Isn't it great when everything just falls into place.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Congratulations . Isn't it great when everything just falls into place.
Yes, congratulations.
It's great to have your own things around you again, isn't it?
Glad to hear that you've bought a house too.
Good luck with it all.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Great news Stef!! How are you and Paul? I want to see piccies on here of this View!!!
Hello Simon! Great to hear from you, I hope you, Louise and Alex (sorry if that is spelt wrong) are well? We are finally starting to feel happy and settled at last. We have made our minds up that Timaru is the right place for us and we are settling into our jobs now. I think it takes a bit of time and we might have been a bit hasty in thinking we wanted a bigger city for a short time! I love Timaru and love our new house!

I hope you will be popping down to the South Island soon to see us?! I bet you are warmer up there at the moment than it is here, we have the logburner on and the gas fire at the moment. Hee hee

Stay in touch!

Stef and Paul
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by planty
Yes, congratulations.
It's great to have your own things around you again, isn't it?
Glad to hear that you've bought a house too.
Good luck with it all.
Thank you for your message Planty...I owe you an apology as I was given your telephone number by your wife to call so we could meet up but the time just kept ticking by as we were either busy or having a 'bad day', then I was embarrassed about ringing as I felt bad for leaving it so long. LOL

Now we are totally settled and feeling so happy here in Timaru (hence buying the house) If it is OK we will give you a call and invite you round one night (your kids would be welcome also) as we may be having an expat night as we know so many brits in the area. Hope you would be interested?

Best Wishes

Stef and Paul
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Batty
Congratulations on all that lovely stuff that's happening Any pics of the house?? It's like Christmas morning when your shipping arrives isn't it?
This is the house if anyone is interested The sea view looks alot better when you are in the kitchen, it is closer than it looks!

Thank you so much for your congratulations.

http://www.shrewdmove.co.nz/746265?s...l_properties=0
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Archangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stef_Paul
This is the house if anyone is interested The sea view looks alot better when you are in the kitchen, it is closer than it looks!

Congratulations!! Steff_Paul...
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Simon! Great to hear from you, I hope you, Louise and Alex (sorry if that is spelt wrong) are well? We are finally starting to feel happy and settled at last. We have made our minds up that Timaru is the right place for us and we are settling into our jobs now. I think it takes a bit of time and we might have been a bit hasty in thinking we wanted a bigger city for a short time! I love Timaru and love our new house!

I hope you will be popping down to the South Island soon to see us?! I bet you are warmer up there at the moment than it is here, we have the logburner on and the gas fire at the moment. Hee hee

Stay in touch!

Stef and Paul
We'll definately be a calling when we're down your way... love the house from the link... looks positively palacial compared to the decription of your rental you gave us... truly hope you enjoy it...take care...
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Looks very nice mate.
Well done.
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:34 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hey that's lovely Stef. Great big section too! Have fun
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your message Planty...I owe you an apology as I was given your telephone number by your wife to call so we could meet up but the time just kept ticking by as we were either busy or having a 'bad day', then I was embarrassed about ringing as I felt bad for leaving it so long. LOL

Now we are totally settled and feeling so happy here in Timaru (hence buying the house) If it is OK we will give you a call and invite you round one night (your kids would be welcome also) as we may be having an expat night as we know so many brits in the area. Hope you would be interested?

Best Wishes

Stef and Paul
No worries Stef and Paul!
We'd be delighted to hear from you any time, and your new home looks great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.