Reload this Page >

Furniture and Accessories

Furniture and Accessories

Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

UKStu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Furniture and Accessories

Hi Guys

I just wanted to ask the forum where they purchased their house furniture from when they arrived or did they ship their own furniture across from the UK. I am renting a room which only comes with a bed so will have to purchase wardrobes etc as well as all the other accessories required. Are there cheap places to pick this sort of stuff up when I am over there or is it cheaper to transport stuff from the UK? I am also thinking of bed sheets, duvets, towels etc etc!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stu
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furniture and Accessories

You'd have to wait around 2 to 3 months for anything you shipped over to get here.
For such a small amount of stuff i would say buy it when you get here.
furniture tends to be a bit pricey in NZ but if you shop around you'll fing basic stuff thats ok.
Big Save Furniture do relatively inexpensive stuff so it might be worth doing a search for their website.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

drrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nice
Default Re: Furniture and Accessories

Originally Posted by UKStu
Hi Guys

I just wanted to ask the forum where they purchased their house furniture from when they arrived or did they ship their own furniture across from the UK. I am renting a room which only comes with a bed so will have to purchase wardrobes etc as well as all the other accessories required. Are there cheap places to pick this sort of stuff up when I am over there or is it cheaper to transport stuff from the UK? I am also thinking of bed sheets, duvets, towels etc etc!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stu
www.trademe.co.nz

We bought all our furniture second-hand from TradeMe - great value! It's worth arranging to see any items before you purchase/bid for them, to make sure they're the right size/good quality.

Plenty of shops for towels/bedding etc. Farmers, Warehouse, Briscoes (during one of their sales) for starters...