Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Fundraising ideas...

Fundraising ideas...

Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:52 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fundraising ideas...

Hey guys,

As most of you know, I have entered an the Accor Extreme Challenge to Cure Kids Fiji 2010...

Some of you have been very generous in donating some hard earned $ or £.... We need more...

Anyone has any ideas please???

Thanks in advance...
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all
Default Re: Fundraising ideas...

Hi Mat,

Hope the fundraising is going well!

I'm a fundraiser by trade so could give you some ideas!

So many things you can do:
First have a word with your employer and see if they can help you - maybe they could match some of the money you raise, or publish the online fundraising page to their website/intranet. Also if they allow it add the link to your email signature. Bake cakes and sell them to colleagues or maybe ask your employer if they can offer some things for an auction - this could include an extra day of holiday, a day working in the CEO's office etc.

Make sure you get the link to the fundraising page everywhere you can!! If you are on Facebook or MySpace put it there. Ask friends if their companies have an intranet it can go on.

Maybe ask some local companies/shops if they would put a sponsorship form on their reception or counter for people to sponsor you.

If you have time on your hands you could also try organising an event. There are so many you could try including Quiz nights, Karaoke nights, darts match, bring and buy sale. Try googling for more!

If all else fails talk to your fundraiser at Cure Kids - I'm sure they would be able to help and give you more ideas. If they can't then they aren't a true fundraiser!

If you need anymore advice just shout

Faye
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fundraising ideas...

Hello from another fundraiser - Faye's given you some excellent suggestions and I can't think of any more from a professional level

Just from what I've done personally to raise money when I've done 1/2 marathons and overseas treks - pub quizzes go down a treat. I charge £5 a head with all proceeds going towards the charity in question, I prepare the quizzes myself and am quizmaster for the evening. Normally I do it by inviting all my mates and bullying various people to come along. But if you get 30 people that's more than enough for a party and (depending on how nice your friends are lol) no barracking either! Just find somewhere that has a function room you could have for free. Normally they let you have it for free as the beer they are selling makes up for it cost-wise (although it may of course be different in NZ).

Also bake sales at work are great too. I think the love of cake is a universal thing

People LOVE a good quiz! Get prizes donated by your local supermarket or corner shop (dairies over there I believe?!).
Good luck

Last edited by londonescapee; Jul 1st 2010 at 11:51 pm.