Fuel surcharges?

Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Default Fuel surcharges?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any info on the new fuel surcharges. Rumour has it any flight booked after Dec 6th 2006 has the charges included, yet any before have to contact the carrier and pay the charges!

We are travelling with Singapore Airlines and paid after Dec 6th. Our surcharges were £121 so that seems about right.

Anyone know anything about these changes?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:56 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fuel surcharges?

Originally Posted by trigod
Hi all,

Does anyone have any info on the new fuel surcharges. Rumour has it any flight booked after Dec 6th 2006 has the charges included, yet any before have to contact the carrier and pay the charges!

We are travelling with Singapore Airlines and paid after Dec 6th. Our surcharges were £121 so that seems about right.

They'll soon let you know if you owe anything BEFORE you fly!!! Don't know what they think it's gonna acheive. Even the bl**dy PM has said it won't stop him going abroad. Talk about leading by example :scared:
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:00 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

In typical fashion, I know nothing about the surcharges, and we booked after December 6th, and have just flown in to NZ. If anyone comes chasing us for an extra few quid, I will politely tell them to stick it where the UK Governements 'eco guilt tax' belongs. Right up their chuff!

Bunch of highway robbery arse!

Hope someone on here can be of more actual use, but why not try Singapore Airlines directly? I got their UK enquiries number from that Maureen 118 212 thing, and they were very helpful.

Best of luck,

Wiz
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Apparently its one off Gordon Browns "Green" policies, what a dumbass he is!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:14 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently its one off Gordon Browns "Green" policies, what a dumbass he is!

I'm leaving on a jet plane
don't know when I'll be back again
this country's going down the drain...............

Don't start on me , it was done v.v.v. tongue in cheek!!!!

Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

If you have paid in full for your flights then usually (from past Thomas Cook experience) they shouldnt be able to ask for any further money, as paying in full usually guarantees the fare
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:20 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

What's the problem with paying your fair share of taxes? Have I missed something, or did the airline industry just become super efficient at reducing carbon emissions.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by southerner
What's the problem with paying your fair share of taxes? Have I missed something, or did the airline industry just become super efficient at reducing carbon emissions.
Another arguement that I dont really want to get into!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:58 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southerner
I suppose it's not a problem if you know about it when you book the flight...i'd be mighty annoyed :curse: if after i've booked and paid for something it then went up in price .

It would be like going to the supermarket and paying for your shopping only to get to the shop entrance and being asked for more money to buy the goods...you wouldn't be too pleased with that, so why should it be any different for anything else you buy!!!

That's how i see it any how
Mandie