Friendships

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Friendships

I have read a bit on here about how friends say they will come over and see you but rarely make the trip.

Well, even though we are still in the process of moving (got to sell house and then we off) I thought I would tell you about one of my very best friends.

We went out to dinner last night and I had my 'listening' ears on as she is going through a really bad time at the moment. Divorce, splitting house up etc.

As we was chatting she was telling me about how she was going to get her house remortgaged and buy her Hubby out. She then said that although things would be tight she has already managed to save about £500 towards her NZ trip to come and see me!

I filled up and gave her a big hug. Boy, am I going to miss her.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Meat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really niceMeat and two veg is just really nice
Default Re: Friendships

Originally Posted by banshigirl
I have read a bit on here about how friends say they will come over and see you but rarely make the trip.

Well, even though we are still in the process of moving (got to sell house and then we off) I thought I would tell you about one of my very best friends.

We went out to dinner last night and I had my 'listening' ears on as she is going through a really bad time at the moment. Divorce, splitting house up etc.

As we was chatting she was telling me about how she was going to get her house remortgaged and buy her Hubby out. She then said that although things would be tight she has already managed to save about £500 towards her NZ trip to come and see me!

Friends are priceless, sounds like you have a good one, why doesn´t she go with you?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

We moved to NZ 8 months ago and there isnt a week goes by, I dont talk to my best friend. We have both got skype phones so can talk for hours free.
If they are a true friend, you will keep in contact. I am planning a return end of this year to see her. Bring it on, girls nights out in pubs in the UK The goodbyes when you leave are really hard. I cried buckets.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:55 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here 12 months next week!!

I hear more now than I ever did in the UK from my best friend. In fact she lands on May 18th for 3 weeks. which is a minor miracle when I could go 9 months at a time in the UK without seeing her.

I heartily recommend a move to the other side of the globe to find out who your true friends are
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We have been here 12 months next week!!

I hear more now than I ever did in the UK from my best friend. In fact she lands on May 18th for 3 weeks. which is a minor miracle when I could go 9 months at a time in the UK without seeing her.

I heartily recommend a move to the other side of the globe to find out who your true friends are
So so so true! You really do find out who your true friends are!
I realise how lucky I am....my best friend is a New Zealander who I met in London ten years ago. She moved back to NZ 4 months after I emigrated here...so glad to have her here.....even if she does keep referring to me as her 'souveneir from London'!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:49 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

I had group of 7 dear friends, 8 including me, we used to have get together lunches at one of our houses every school holiday as we all worked at school together. At our last get together, they handed me a photo album they had made me, with loads of pics in of us all, things they had each written, poems etc, it was very teary moment, the book is very special to me.
They havn't had get together since i have been gone, but had first one few days ago as they are easter hols, so it started at 9.30p.m my time, we were on webcam the whole time, different ones kept sitting at table talking to me, while the others milled around, chatting, eating, just like we always used to, seeing them peering at me to get closer looks was so funny, we had a wonderful 4 hours, lots of laughs, and we all felt as if we were together again, few tears on parting, but all have got webcams now, so we will see lots more of each other, i love seeing them, aswell as my new friends here, life is good, when good friends are around you, it makes everything worth while.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Marika 38
I had group of 7 dear friends, 8 including me, we used to have get together lunches at one of our houses every school holiday as we all worked at school together. At our last get together, they handed me a photo album they had made me, with loads of pics in of us all, things they had each written, poems etc, it was very teary moment, the book is very special to me.
They havn't had get together since i have been gone, but had first one few days ago as they are easter hols, so it started at 9.30p.m my time, we were on webcam the whole time, different ones kept sitting at table talking to me, while the others milled around, chatting, eating, just like we always used to, seeing them peering at me to get closer looks was so funny, we had a wonderful 4 hours, lots of laughs, and we all felt as if we were together again, few tears on parting, but all have got webcams now, so we will see lots more of each other, i love seeing them, aswell as my new friends here, life is good, when good friends are around you, it makes everything worth while.

Hi

Talking of making new friends, thanks for making me feel welcome at our hike around the mount. Really nice to meet you all, had a really good laugh.
How did the swim go???????????????????????

Speak soon

Ju
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

My best friend (Pumpkinlou) is moving out here in October

Now thats a bessie mate for you... I cant wait!!!!! I have missed her 2 gorgeous daughters soooooooooooooooooooooo much
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banshigirl

I know how you feel... I miss my friend.... just a couple of weeks before we moved here, my best friend told me she'd been diagnosed with Breast Cancer..... I almost wanted to cancel our move! We both cried as I hugged her, what an awful thing to leave her to cope with.

I left her my beloved arabian horse who helped her through all the bad times, it was the best gift I could give to her....she loves him so much. He gave her incentive to get up and about and move on when she didnt really feel like it.

I really miss her and your post made me think of her.

Anyway, you have a good friend there.

SarahB
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

My best friend moved to NZ 17 months ago and I miss her so much. We keep in contact by email and text but haven't spoke on the phone as she said it would be too hard too hear my voice and it would set her off. I really miss just being able to drop in for a coffee in the morning (or a glass of wine at night!!! ) and sounding off knowing that I won't be criticized or put down for whatever I'm ranting about. Suppose we will be able to do that again once I get to NZ. Watch out Dunedin is all I can say

Phyllis
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weejie
My best friend moved to NZ 17 months ago and I miss her so much. We keep in contact by email and text but haven't spoke on the phone as she said it would be too hard too hear my voice and it would set her off. I really miss just being able to drop in for a coffee in the morning (or a glass of wine at night!!! ) and sounding off knowing that I won't be criticized or put down for whatever I'm ranting about. Suppose we will be able to do that again once I get to NZ. Watch out Dunedin is all I can say

Phyllis
My little girl is six soon so by the time we move she'll have been with her nursery/school friends for 4 years. I've spoken to her teacher about us moving and they've arranged for all the kids to bring in a picture of themselves and then write a bit about themselves too. It'll mean Izzy has something to look back at and keep and hopefully we can set up a link at her new school too.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saritabear
My little girl is six soon so by the time we move she'll have been with her nursery/school friends for 4 years. I've spoken to her teacher about us moving and they've arranged for all the kids to bring in a picture of themselves and then write a bit about themselves too. It'll mean Izzy has something to look back at and keep and hopefully we can set up a link at her new school too.
What a brill idea. I think I might borrow that one for my two boys,7 and 5, once we are ready to go. Thank you.

Phyllis
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SarahB
I know how you feel... I miss my friend.... just a couple of weeks before we moved here, my best friend told me she'd been diagnosed with Breast Cancer..... I almost wanted to cancel our move! We both cried as I hugged her, what an awful thing to leave her to cope with.

I left her my beloved arabian horse who helped her through all the bad times, it was the best gift I could give to her....she loves him so much. He gave her incentive to get up and about and move on when she didnt really feel like it.

I really miss her and your post made me think of her.

Anyway, you have a good friend there.

SarahB
Hi Sarah,

Sorry if my post brought some sad memories back!

How is your friend doing? My Mum was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. She is fine now and is doing really well.

Hope your friend is too.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NZBee
even if she does keep referring to me as her 'souveneir from London'!!
Love that!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meat and two veg
Friends are priceless, sounds like you have a good one, why doesn´t she go with you?
She has children here and her Father is not doing to well. Her skills are also not on the list but I know she would be able to get a job easily enough.

Just going to wait and see how she gets on here.

Perhaps after the dust has settled and she has visited me for a while I might suggest it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.