British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Friends (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/friends-929822/)

welshwales Dec 15th 2019 8:47 am

Friends
 
Where does a 23 year old girl meet new friends. My daughter joined.us a.few.months ago here 8n papamoa but is finding it hard to find friends. Everyone she works with is over 40 so aren't interested in going out socializing.
she isn't in to sports, and is really feeling lonely. Back in the uk she was such a party girl. I had a chat with her tonight and she said she just keeps crying. This is now having an effect the rest of us as we feel.so.sorry for her.

grant r Dec 15th 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Friends
 

Originally Posted by welshwales (Post 12778999)
Where does a 23 year old girl meet new friends. My daughter joined.us a.few.months ago here 8n papamoa but is finding it hard to find friends. Everyone she works with is over 40 so aren't interested in going out socializing.
she isn't in to sports, and is really feeling lonely. Back in the uk she was such a party girl. I had a chat with her tonight and she said she just keeps crying. This is now having an effect the rest of us as we feel.so.sorry for her.

Hi there, I don't live there yet myself but I found this site called "meetup.com" that I'm going to use myself when I move there. It might be of some help to your daughter. Good luck

MrsFychan Dec 15th 2019 6:39 pm

Re: Friends
 
have a look on FB to see if there are any local groups, see if there are any sort of clubs she could join, get her to ask her work colleagues if they have any suggestions

Clappy Dec 16th 2019 8:28 am

Re: Friends
 

Originally Posted by grant r (Post 12779072)
Hi there, I don't live there yet myself but I found this site called "meetup.com" that I'm going to use myself when I move there. It might be of some help to your daughter. Good luck

Some of my (younger and single) New Zealand friends are big users of Meetup groups to look for like-minded people to socialise with. There will probably be fewer groups in Tauranga than there are in Auckland or Wellington but may still provide something.

(Those friends are still single though).

Mishclark Dec 16th 2019 10:54 am

Re: Friends
 

Originally Posted by Clappy (Post 12779332)
Some of my (younger and single) New Zealand friends are big users of Meetup groups to look for like-minded people to socialise with. There will probably be fewer groups in Tauranga than there are in Auckland or Wellington but may still provide something.

(Those friends are still single though).

I'm a lot older and single and only have Facebook but some younger friends have mentioned Meetup and have met some friends on there. My 18 year old has friends from doing primary in Nz but it seems to be a matter of meeting then going out, being invited to more things and meeting people that way.

😊
​​​​​​


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.