Freezies. Bbrrr.

Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Freezies. Bbrrr.

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
so we both turned in to proper Kiwi's today and bought ourselves Kathmandu down jackets in the 3 day Summit Members Event sale. Huge discounts
Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
So now you just have to do the really proper Kiwi thing and live in it day and night for the next three months.
I admit it. I saw the post and thought rugged up padded fleecy Onesies

Old Jun 13th 2019, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Just arrived back in Auckland this afternoon and it was warmer than the weather in the north-west or the south-east on Tuesday.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Soupnswings is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Currently in deepest, darkest Lancashire and its wet and coldish. Yesterday we had sunshine, rain, hail, thunder and lightning!!! Silly me was over-optimistic about the chance of a mini-heatwave and brought shorts and vest-tops with me.
Still the parents have had the heating on at 25 C day & night whilst I've been staying with them . Flying home to winter next week, not expecting to feel much of a difference
I miss deepest darkest Lancashire!
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soupnswings

I do to Chuck
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soupnswings

I do to Chuck, especially proper black puddings and Johns smiths beer
Old Jun 14th 2019, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I get it.
Lancashire born n bred. Lived there 40 years before migrating to NZ.
I miss old things, like stone villages, country pubs, real ale & proper (or what I call proper) fish & chips.....oh what I'd give to be able to ask for gravy, mushy peys or curry sauce,
but it's just tough titty. I don't miss them enough that I feel I want to go home, even for a visit and even though I miss those things that surrounded me there I don't miss living in England. The problems, issues and reasons why we left are still there and most probably worse than they were 7.5 years ago.

Went to Fieldays for the first time today. Car temp gauge told me it was 15degC but it was pretty sunny, t shirt & sungigs weather and fine to walk round with a huge ice cream.
Lovin winter so far
Old Jun 17th 2019, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Chris B44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not too bad up here in Whangarei I have resorted to long trousers and a quilted hoodie shirt for the walk to catch the refinery bus in the morning. Some of the locals are still in shorts but have substituted the jandals for red band gum boots!
Old Jun 17th 2019, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I must be acclimatising, I put a jumper on for the first time today
Old Jun 18th 2019, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Gypsy888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Freezing mornings here in Kaiteriteri, but beautiful sunny, calm, days with blue skies and around 15C. Wind is -50C though coming off the snow on Mt. Arthur, and Takaka Hill is often closed overnight from snow.

Mt.Arthur range at 7.30am this morning ♥️
Old Jun 18th 2019, 11:11 pm
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
I must be acclimatising, I put a jumper on for the first time today
Nah Col. You've chilli sauce in those veins of yours rather than blood

Originally Posted by Gypsy888
Freezing mornings here in Kaiteriteri, but beautiful sunny, calm, days with blue skies and around 15C. Wind is -50C though coming off the snow on Mt. Arthur, and Takaka Hill is often closed overnight from snow.

Mt.Arthur range at 7.30am this morning ♥️
Beautiful photo Gypsy. I will try for one from here later on .

Old Jun 19th 2019, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

A lovely still -5 Frost this morning
Old Jun 20th 2019, 12:04 am
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
A lovely still -5 Frost this morning
That would be rather good looking.

Seen any hoar frost?

Old Jun 20th 2019, 10:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to say but I read that next week is going to be the coldest for a while
Old Jun 20th 2019, 11:21 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Well seeing as MrsFychan has made it very clear that we are far too soft to survive the cold snap without a few fortifying drinks it's time to get down the offie. I mean you're going to want a Tomahawk to get you going in the morning, Mulled Wine about lunch time, Hot Toddy after dinner and maybe Hot Buttered Rum to get you in the mood for reading a book in bed with your favourite hot water bottle?
​​​
Old Jun 20th 2019, 9:36 pm
`

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
sorry to say but I read that next week is going to be the coldest for a while
I had to go and buy MrBEVS some work trousers yesterday. It's the knees y'see . Socks don't come up that far and shorts are only knee length so no good unless standing straight as an icicle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.