Freezies. Bbrrr.

Old Jun 4th 2019, 11:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Exclamation Freezies. Bbrrr.

I give in. I shall have to light the wood burner as it is far too cold today. No sun and lots of the watery rainy stuff.

The snow is back on The Ranges so there will now be that chill in the air until around September.
We went from lovely warm sunny days with nippy nights to outright winter over the space of just the weekend.

That's it then. Double socks, thermals and fleeces to the ready & that's just indoors ( Cue Col and his central heating).

This year I really must try to catch a pic of the folk all muffled up but with nothing on their skanky feet. That one is a mystery to me.

Old Jun 5th 2019, 12:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freezies. Bbrrr.

You need to come and visit for a month of our sultry temps here in Mississippi. It was 102 c today. Not the first day of the season in the triple digits and not about to be the last.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I'd forgotten about lack of winter in Qld to oh my god it's cold in Chch! I'll adjust!

17 year old daughter loves it though, but she hates the heat!
Old Jun 5th 2019, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
This year I really must try to catch a pic of the folk all muffled up but with nothing on their skanky feet. That one is a mystery to me.
Heaven help us, it's also that time of the year when the great unwashed start rocking up at the supermarket in their dressing gowns and onesies.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Heaven help us, it's also that time of the year when the great unwashed start rocking up at the supermarket in their dressing gowns and onesies.

Haha
Iv noticed that.
Don't know what's worse. walking round bare footed in the rain with water proof coat on or walking round pack n save full family in pjs and house coats
Old Jun 5th 2019, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I give in. I shall have to light the wood burner as it is far too cold today. No sun and lots of the watery rainy stuff.

The snow is back on The Ranges so there will now be that chill in the air until around September.
We went from lovely warm sunny days with nippy nights to outright winter over the space of just the weekend.

That's it then. Double socks, thermals and fleeces to the ready & that's just indoors ( Cue Col and his central heating).

I must admit that two days ago I thought it was time to prepare the hot-water bottles for use again. They had been sitting idle in a drawer until now but they will be needed again soon.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

The no shoes or thongs (jandals) thing gets me too. My husband used to do that, darned crazy Kiwi...
Old Jun 6th 2019, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mishclark
The no shoes or thongs (jandals) thing gets me too. My husband used to do that, darned crazy Kiwi...
I'm still Flip flops
Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116
I'm still Flip flops
With your rugby socks on up to your knees?
Old Jun 7th 2019, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Currently in deepest, darkest Lancashire and its wet and coldish. Yesterday we had sunshine, rain, hail, thunder and lightning!!! Silly me was over-optimistic about the chance of a mini-heatwave and brought shorts and vest-tops with me.
Still the parents have had the heating on at 25 C day & night whilst I've been staying with them . Flying home to winter next week, not expecting to feel much of a difference
Old Jun 8th 2019, 7:40 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Freezies. Bbrrr.

Buy some https://www.amazon.com/Zippo-Hand-Warmer-12-Hour-Matte/dp/B013HLGTUS/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=zippo%2Bhand%2Bwarmers&qid=1559979419&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1 and stay warm all day. That's how all the people who enjoy outdoor sports survive winter.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 1:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

& feet warmers for the wellies.

Freezy wet rain all today. Please give me back the windy scorchy weather.

There is no pleasing moi.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

We have proper soccer every Tues eve and Sat mornings now till Term 4. Can be really cold on the field at Omokoroa as it's high up with views across the estuary and harbour. Sat games are all over Tauranga and can be cold till the sun decides to come out and play so we both turned in to proper Kiwi's today and bought ourselves Kathmandu down jackets in the 3 day Summit Members Event sale. Huge discounts
Old Jun 12th 2019, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
we both turned in to proper Kiwi's today and bought ourselves Kathmandu down jackets in the 3 day Summit Members Event sale. Huge discounts
So now you just have to do the really proper Kiwi thing and live in it day and night for the next three months.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

The temperature in West Auckland was six degrees at 5am this morning when I got up. That is practically a frost!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.