Freeview boxes ?

Old May 28th 2011, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all
Default Freeview boxes ?

Hi guys,
I have seen the posts about sky dishes and boxes but does anyone know if my UK freeview digi box will work in NZ ? Or my tv with built in freeview ? Or will I need to buy NZ ones for each tv ?

I know ....... questions, questions, questions, ..... But your all just so darn helpful I can't resist !

Annabel
Old May 28th 2011, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freeview boxes ?

No, your UK box/built in freeview wont work as it is a different system here.

Leave the tvs and boxes behind and buy new when you arrive.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 8:11 pm
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice
Default Re: Freeview boxes ?

Re bringing tv- we brought a newish Sony Bravia and went into the settings and it listed European locations and then 'other' so we selected other and it tuned itself into NZ tv on a normal aerial. But our panasonic tv won't do that and we will need to get a set top box. You can usually find enough info on the web as to whether it will work if you have the make.
I figure that if you can bring things that work it saves having to buy it all over again!
Old Jun 12th 2011, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Freeview boxes ?

Originally Posted by nik
Re bringing tv- we brought a newish Sony Bravia and went into the settings and it listed European locations and then 'other' so we selected other and it tuned itself into NZ tv on a normal aerial. But our panasonic tv won't do that and we will need to get a set top box. You can usually find enough info on the web as to whether it will work if you have the make.
I figure that if you can bring things that work it saves having to buy it all over again!
Hi,
Thanks for that
I have been looking on the net and I think we will just go for picking up free sat boxes if the tv's won't tune in (they are all quite new so will possibly have the option to change frequency).
Definitely agree that if you can save money and put them in the container rather than buying again it's worth it