British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   freeloaders (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/freeloaders-641079/)

cappuccino Nov 18th 2009 11:43 pm

Re: freeloaders

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8108236)
Yes ! :eek: Nightmare :thumbdown:

At least the person ( someone Mr Bevs knew & I'd hardly ever met ) that did this to us asked us if they could give out our contact details.
I emailed back saying that it would be fine for the people to contact us and we could perhaps meet for a coffee/bbq and sent a list of accom. I totally ignored the plea for free beds. They never did get back to us.

Thanks everyone for your replies - glad you all agree that this is out of order.

Bevs - I will do exactly as you say here and email them a list of the hostels in town. Fortunately, I don't live in the centre of Wellington and as my house is at the very top of a hill I will suggest much better locations for them!

Persephone Nov 19th 2009 12:31 am

I would be furious if a member of my family expected me to put up people I didn't know whilst they were here without checking with me first [debatable whether anyone would travel this far and want to stay in Palmy but that's by the by:rofl:]

I think I would make an excuse as to why I wasn't free at the time or do the same and send them a list of motels in the area.
Definitely not on, tell them to get lost Cappucino:thumbup:

bro69 Nov 19th 2009 12:33 am

[QUOTE=Persephone;8108889]I would be furious if a member of my family expected me to put up people I didn't know whilst they were here without checking with me first [debatable whether anyone would travel this far and want to stay in Palmy but that's by the by:rofl:]

You'll be fine, they'd probably turn round and head the other way if they came to Palmy.

Persephone Nov 19th 2009 12:37 am

[QUOTE]bro69

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8108889)
I would be furious if a member of my family expected me to put up people I didn't know whilst they were here without checking with me first [debatable whether anyone would travel this far and want to stay in Palmy but that's by the by]

You'll be fine, they'd probably turn round and head the other way if they came to Palmy.

:rofl::rofl: Aw it's not that bad! Might be more of a problem when I get to Christchurch I suppose...

Genesis Nov 19th 2009 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Perry Groves (Post 8108526)
tell em' to naff off

I concur. Tell her to piss off. I hate scroungers who ponce off others. It really gets my goat when others take the piss out of others' generosity. I get very annoyed when people turn up here for a 3 course meal, drink eat and are merry upon departure and bring nothing. They don't get invited agin aye?