freeloaders

Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default freeloaders

I just received an email from an aunt overseas that I haven't seen for years and only receive emails when she wants family gossip.

Today's gem was that she has friends who are about to travel overseas and will be visiting NZ so she has given them my contact details and hopes that I can put them up when they get to Wellington.

WTF??? I haven't replied cos I need to calm down first.

Anybody else had (unknown) friends of family/friends wanting to stay?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:55 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Re: freeloaders

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I just received an email from an aunt overseas that I haven't seen for years and only receive emails when she wants family gossip.

Today's gem was that she has friends who are about to travel overseas and will be visiting NZ so she has given them my contact details and hopes that I can put them up when they get to Wellington.

thank gods NO.
if you don't want to put them up, tell the aunt so sorry, but you're not around when her friends are in NZ ;0)
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

I had a friend want to stay for "a while" ended up being a month, I asked him for a contribution to bills and he felt he didn't need to as he made us dinner once.

But my partner is a kiwi and we seem to get more of her family staying than anyone from the UK. We had her parents one weekend and they both miraculously forgot their wallets, BOTH OF THEM???? So I paid for the entire weekend which included trips to things I have no interest in. They said they were going to pay me back but still not seen it.

I should probably start a new thead INLAWS FROM HELL
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:06 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how your Aunt would feel if you did that to her?

I would email her back and say unfortunately you're not in a position to put anyone up (if you need an excuse maybe say redecorating/refurbing) and in future, to avoid disappointment, would she please check with you first before handing out your details.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes ! Nightmare

At least the person ( someone Mr Bevs knew & I'd hardly ever met ) that did this to us asked us if they could give out our contact details.
I emailed back saying that it would be fine for the people to contact us and we could perhaps meet for a coffee/bbq and sent a list of accom. I totally ignored the plea for free beds. They never did get back to us.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:23 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

We've had a couple of parent's friends children on their OE come to stay for a few days at at time. I have to say it's actually been lovely having them. They take care of themselves pretty much, we take them out to a few places, and then they cook us dinner! Blooming brilliant!
In both cases we hadn't actually met the children ( well 20 somethings) before, but their parents were close friends of L's parents.
I suppose it was people expecting to stay for weeks it would be totally different though.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold

haha! hilarious (not) - what liberty takers
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:30 pm
`

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
We've had a couple of parent's friends children on their OE come to stay for a few days at at time.
Ah ! We've one of those coming in January and I am looking forward to it. I do know the lad and it isn't an extended OE as such but he's my first ever visitor. Husband had his cuzzies stay last year but I was back in the UK then.

He is the son of my late Dad's neighbour. She, the neighbour, was lovely to my Dad and to me during that time and he is a great guy.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:37 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have a problem putting someone up that I know but to have a relative you have very little contact with handing out your details and telling their friends who you don't know from Adam that they're welcome to stay at yours is bang out of order IMVHHO
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:41 pm
`

I agree. I think the handing out of your details to someone you don't know is terrible.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:39 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bro69
I had a friend want to stay for "a while" ended up being a month, I asked him for a contribution to bills and he felt he didn't need to as he made us dinner once.
recall reading a blog from a Kiwi who lives in California near LAX and was fed up of all the Kiwi mates and mates of mates who just wanted to use him as a taxi and motel service - he even gave a list of what they should and shouldn't do......wish I could find it again - it would have some decent advice for the OP
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

tell em' to naff off
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:46 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Def WTF!!!
Hope you've got a nice holiday away booked at just the same time
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:54 pm

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

when we told eveyrone we were moving over here everyone suddenly started saying how much they wanted to visit NZ and now they will come and how easy it would be now that they could come and stay with us!

my DH even had a right pr*ck at work say he would come and stay but DH told him that he didn't like him, he didn't talk to him whilst he had to work with him and so why the ***** would he want him to stay with us in NZ!!
go go hubby!!

needless to say we have "lost" alot of emails and numbers before we left and don't reply to certain ones that have found us!!!

stick to your guns and say no way!!!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:24 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I should have said, I think it's pretty bad that your details were given to someone you don't know without your knowledge.
Just make up an excuse!
BEVS you will love having him, I'm sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.