Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

free2TXT = FREE texts on vodafone to vodafone network

free2TXT = FREE texts on vodafone to vodafone network

Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:36 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default free2TXT = FREE texts on vodafone to vodafone network

Just a heads-up for Vodafone customers in NZ. On the website there is now a "beta" (ie not fully tested) free text service:

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/myvodafone/free2TXT

It allows a voda customer to send free txts to other voda customers via their PC.

Might be interesting if it takes off.......also bear in mind that there is an advert attached to your txt message.

You need your online login and it works a bit like Web2Txt (but with less functionality) which is a very good service if you need to send lengthy txt messages or poll txts to different people with slightly different texts (if that makes sense!!!).

Enjoy
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: free2TXT = FREE texts on vodafone to vodafone network

Oooo.

Nearly dropped a big bobo ny kicking it into touch as spam.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:10 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oooo.

Nearly dropped a big bobo ny kicking it into touch as spam.
LOL, I might talk rubbish but I am not a spammer......

spanner maybe......

anyway does anyone understand the OP?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:45 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Bumpty bump - anyone else got this to work?

I have only tried once........
I think I once got an SMS from someone you used it too as there was an advert at the end.......

And the pay as you go account I have (as opposed to MrsL) flatly refuses to let me change the password......Drrrrr.....

Last edited by lardyl; Oct 15th 2009 at 11:47 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:55 am
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough

Ahh sorry Vodaloan and maybe Telecon are now reacting to 2degrees

Which is irony given that 2 degrees piggy backs the Vodafone network that they can provide cheaper call rates on prepaid and a free sim card.

44c per minute and 22c if your mate has a 2degree phone and for a $20 top up you get 100 free texts and 22c phone calls to landline for a month.

Compare that to a Telecon or Vodaloan pre pay plan
Old Oct 17th 2009, 1:54 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Why be sorry.....?
If you kept up with reality you'd see that 2 degrees is OK for headline rates but can't compete on the plans, eg best mates and so people are holding off switching....so it's not as simple as you might assume from a quick glance.

But competition in Telecoms is all good.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:38 pm
Banned

We hardly use a cellphone or have my life ruled by one so a pre paid plan suits us just dandy considering the huge blackspot areas in most of the country.

I look at it this way with the prepaid rates! A few years ago pre pay plans went down from $1.39 to 49c per fulll minute then they went up to 89c per minute. That I feel is a rip off considering what the rate was per minute in the UK.

So its worth while to highlight to anyone thinking of coming to NZ the best pre paid plan around at present is 2degrees mobile. Why pay $30 for a prepaid sim card loaded with just $5 call time loaded when you can get one for $2 with $2 worth call time loaded?

As I said a cellphone is just an emergency tool for contact.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:48 pm
you dewty owld maan!

So you've really not been fully "assimilated" yet then as many kiwis would not survive without TXTing on those plans............
I use my work cellphone more for social stuff (by txt mainly) but is in a totally essential business tool.........
Old Oct 18th 2009, 7:18 am
Banned

You make it sound like a Borg Invasion (you know Star Trek bad guys )
Old Oct 18th 2009, 12:49 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Madmaxdeux
You make it sound like a Borg Invasion (you know Star Trek bad guys )
once the handsfree rules come in then we'll all be like the borg......bluetooth headset style.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:39 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I only use my vodaphone for bestmate so my dh and I can text and chat whenever we want. $6 a month= bargain. Other than that I keep it charged for in case of breakdown but generally using a mobile to make a call in NZ seems hideously expensive.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lardyl
once the handsfree rules come in then we'll all be like the borg......bluetooth headset style.
Haha and resistance is not frutile

Give it a few years and the health hazzards will become apparent of having a strong electromagnet source that close to the head all the time.

Once the handsfree rule comes into effect my excuse of No coverage or I was driving so did not answer will be backed up with a bit of legislation

Technology is the blane of the 21st Century and here I am posting on the internet