Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Franklin District to Auckland City

Franklin District to Auckland City

Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice
Default Franklin District to Auckland City

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if there was anyone living in the Pukekohe, Tuaku or Waiuku districts that work or commute into the city as we would love to live in this area when we come over but looking at the distances it could take a while! Any chance you could let me know how long it takes you to get in? I will be working in the Howick area.

Phil
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:03 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Franklin District to Auckland City

Originally Posted by philfunuk
Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if there was anyone living in the Pukekohe, Tuaku or Waiuku districts that work or commute into the city as we would love to live in this area when we come over but looking at the distances it could take a while! Any chance you could let me know how long it takes you to get in? I will be working in the Howick area.

Phil
Sorry cant help with the NZ bit yet .... but welcome to BE!!! .....and I could tell you how long it takes to get from Hoyles Road to j26, or from Bulford car park to Hankridge Farm!! ...hey we could be neighbours!
B x
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice

We could be you never know. We are in Waterloo Road! When are you planning to go out? Got everything sorted?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:10 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philfunuk
We could be you never know. We are in Waterloo Road! When are you planning to go out? Got everything sorted?
Will pm you
Bx
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi If its any help Pukekohe to Manukau City is 25 minutes, Waiuku about 35 minutes. You would need to add at least another 35 minutes into central Auckland (subject to traffic and time of day). If there is an accident on SH1 add at least an hour.

Don't forget that unless you have car parking with your job, you will need to park and walk as well. The cheaper parking involves the longer walks.

People do commute into Auckland from Franklin but tend to leave early and get back late.

m
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

The only person that I know who commutes from awhitu, leaves at 0530 to miss the traffic
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:38 am
Just Joined

kiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to all

Hi It takes us 40 mins in good traffic to get from Pakuranga to Pukekohe on a sunday! Howick is only 10 mins from Pakuranga so factor in peak traffic, school runs and accidents.
We're thinking of moving out there too. I work in Otara (It's not that bad!) so would take me about 45 mins to get there if i left at 6.30am. Its such a lovely area (Pukekohe and Franklin District) that its worth the travelling time.

Good luck

Simone