Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Forum get together

Forum get together

Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Forum get together

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Not sure were we are going yet

The others all have more work than me to do today by the looks of it, thats why I am still here and they arent

but nearly time to go home for me now

so watch this space as the saying goes I have been a hermit since I got here

Well if it goes well maybe another can be arranged

I have not exactly been a hermit but since having the baby I dont do nearly as much. It was inevitable I suppose!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:56 am
Just Joined

sal h is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Forum get together

Not sure were we are going yet

The others all have more work than me to do today by the looks of it, thats why I am still here and they arent

but nearly time to go home for me now

so watch this space as the saying goes I have been a hermit since I got here

Hello again, I have been trying to look for a new house for us today but i am finally back again.

So looks like we might have a bit of a group going here.... fantastic. OK so for saturday i am going to suggest The Occidental, Belgian Beer Bar on Vulcan Lane which is just off the main drag of Queen street (central seemed most diplomatic). It is a pedestrian street and you will be able to see the red umbrellas outside. Huw and I will be inside from 7 (they do nice grub if you wanted to eat there it is all very casual) I have no idea what it is like on a saturday so please dont judge me if it is mad! We will meet up again somewhere if anyone cant make it so dont worry. Come one come all spread the word!

PS I have short red hair, blue eyes and will be smiling at everyone who comes through the door... unless i can find a more distinuishing feature, look for me and my other half who has short black hair.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sal h
Hello again, I have been trying to look for a new house for us today but i am finally back again.

So looks like we might have a bit of a group going here.... fantastic. OK so for saturday i am going to suggest The Occidental, Belgian Beer Bar on Vulcan Lane which is just off the main drag of Queen street (central seemed most diplomatic). It is a pedestrian street and you will be able to see the red umbrellas outside. Huw and I will be inside from 7 (they do nice grub if you wanted to eat there it is all very casual) I have no idea what it is like on a saturday so please dont judge me if it is mad! We will meet up again somewhere if anyone cant make it so dont worry. Come one come all spread the word!

PS I have short red hair, blue eyes and will be smiling at everyone who comes through the door... unless i can find a more distinuishing feature, look for me and my other half who has short black hair.
Thats fine by me, we would get the train in from west auckland were we are living, so just need to arrange a time and then find the place

I have brown hair so not particularly distinguishing but I do wear glasses, and Owen is the short round guy (he will hit me for saying that about him )
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:12 am
Just Joined

Thats fine by me, we would get the train in from west auckland were we are living, so just need to arrange a time and then find the place

I have brown hair so not particularly distinguishing but I do wear glasses, and Owen is the short round guy (he will hit me for saying that about him )

All good then. will look forward to meeting you. I forgot to say we are 25 and 27 and dont be fooled by my baby face (which is prooving somewhat of a problem in the purchace of alcohol in this country), the other half has beard if that helps too.

any other takers? meeting from 7pm Saturday 22nd july Occidental Belgian Beer Bar, Vulcan lane

Last edited by sal h; Jul 19th 2006 at 3:32 am.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

doh stupid me...just spotted that you will be in there from 7pm

so did you find a house to live in?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:25 am
Just Joined

doh stupid me...just spotted that you will be in there from 7pm

so did you find a house to live in?

No, got soaked though. Ponsonby seems the most tempting area but it is quite expensive. We are trying to live close enough to walk to the center.... perhaps it is wishful thinking. However I will be back out there tomorrow pounding the streets of Auckland's suburbs, really looking forward to a drink and a giggle on saturday!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jude J
Oh, I would love to have come too, I am in need of meeting some new people, but my hubby is already out Saturday. I hardly go out myself anymore so if another one is organised I would be up for it! I have been here almost 4 years but since having my daughter 18 months ago I feel like I have dropped off the social scene.
Where you all going by the way? Anything decided yet?

Hello Jude, Sal h here. Have you got anyone to look after the little one on saturday so we can drag you down the pub? we will be in the occidental belgian beer bar on vulcan lane (off queen street) from 7pm, have a look at my posting a minute ago if you fancy it ....
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Off2NZ
Hi - can anyone join in this meet up? Just saw this thread "hiding" at the top of the messages!!

We've been here 7 weeks (me, hubby, and 2 teenage daughters) and so far we've not really met anyone so would be interested in joining others in the same boat really. We're living in Howick (east Auckland) but it shouldn't be a problem meeting up within a reasonable distance.

Look forward to an update.
G

hello, come down to the occidental belgian beer bar on vulcan lane (off queen street) (central auckland) and meet some of us who are still suffering from jet lag. this saturday 7pm. hope you can make it, sal & huw
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

No, got soaked though. Ponsonby seems the most tempting area but it is quite expensive. We are trying to live close enough to walk to the center.... perhaps it is wishful thinking. However I will be back out there tomorrow pounding the streets of Auckland's suburbs, really looking forward to a drink and a giggle on saturday!
we stuck out in west auckland were hubbies family all live (and we stayed with for first 3 weeks) and owens job is out in henderson and get the train to newmarket at some ungodly hour at 7am ...lovely eh!!!

ponsonby is quite pricey for houses

Last edited by kwprwn; Jul 19th 2006 at 3:35 am.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:35 am
Just Joined

we stuck out in west auckland were hubbies family all live (and we stayed with for first 3 weeks) and owens job is out in henderson and get the train to newmarket at some ungodly hour at 7am ...lovely eh!!!

ponsonby is quite pricey for balance

true, but relative to london it is heaven and i am not making anymore compromises about where we live - we spent a shocking 4 months living on my dad's living room floor to afford to come here... can you hear the violins?

i am yet to learn about the suburbs you are talking about but i am sure they are nice, i cant do commuting anymore!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

true, but relative to london it is heaven and i am not making anymore compromises about where we live - we spent a shocking 4 months living on my dad's living room floor to afford to come here... can you hear the violins?

i am yet to learn about the suburbs you are talking about but i am sure they are nice, i cant do commuting anymore!
West Auckland isnt to bad, despite what people say, but it is a nightmare t commute from in a car as traffic is awful, thats why i get the train

Are you here for good or just for 12 months, and were are you staying in the CBD
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:49 am
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

Well Hi there all,

This is getting interesting. I will now try and talk the other half into meeting at this Bar this Saturday. Finally got around to checking this forum again after a couple of weeks hectic work, flat hunting and car buying.

May try and drag along a couple of 'old hands' as well, (been here for 3 years).

I guess we will have to try and see if there is a particularly rowdy lot anywhere in the pub.

Hopefully see a few of us there on Saturday then. By the way, if anybody is interested there is the New Zealand Air Guitar Championships 2006 at the Brownzy Sports Bar, Browns Bay on the 27th July, (not affiliated or related to any competitor or owner by the way). Sounds like it might be fun. www.airguitaraustralia.com
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bodgit
Well Hi there all,

This is getting interesting. I will now try and talk the other half into meeting at this Bar this Saturday. Finally got around to checking this forum again after a couple of weeks hectic work, flat hunting and car buying.

May try and drag along a couple of 'old hands' as well, (been here for 3 years).

I guess we will have to try and see if there is a particularly rowdy lot anywhere in the pub.

Hopefully see a few of us there on Saturday then. By the way, if anybody is interested there is the New Zealand Air Guitar Championships 2006 at the Brownzy Sports Bar, Browns Bay on the 27th July, (not affiliated or related to any competitor or owner by the way). Sounds like it might be fun. www.airguitaraustralia.com
Hi Bodgit

I have seen the air guitar thing advertised on juice tv but browns bay is kind of far really

I used to watch this when they used to show it on Kerrang TV in the UK

I do miss my Kerrang TV sometimes
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hello Jude, Sal h here. Have you got anyone to look after the little one on saturday so we can drag you down the pub? we will be in the occidental belgian beer bar on vulcan lane (off queen street) from 7pm, have a look at my posting a minute ago if you fancy it ....

I might just come, although it sounds like everyone else is in couples and I will be on me own!
I will be coming from Browns Bay, sounds like the rest of you are on the other side of the bridge. I know there is a bus but not sure where I will get off and where Vulcan Lane is but sure I could find it. You wouldn't believe I have been here nearly 4 years, I am hopeless at finding my way around!
If I do make it I am tall with shortish light brown hair and will probably be looking lost
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
I might just come, although it sounds like everyone else is in couples and I will be on me own!
I will be coming from Browns Bay, sounds like the rest of you are on the other side of the bridge. I know there is a bus but not sure where I will get off and where Vulcan Lane is but sure I could find it. You wouldn't believe I have been here nearly 4 years, I am hopeless at finding my way around!
If I do make it I am tall with shortish light brown hair and will probably be looking lost
i wouldnt worry about that as owen and I (dawn) have to be the most uncouple like as we barely talk to each other when out (or never used to in the uk) come on i have to talk to himwhen at home, do i have to be nice to him when I go out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.