Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Forum get together

Forum get together

Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:33 pm
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future
Smile Forum get together

Just a thought. Has anyone ever tried to start a 'forum get-together' for all those nameless signatures that inhabit the NZ forum?

I lived abroad before and there was always quite a social scene of pubs and outings where expats and 'native advisors' could meet, chat, get group discounts on trips, etc.

Anyone ever tried to do that? Any idea whether it would work in NZ?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:57 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Forum get together

Originally Posted by Bodgit
Just a thought. Has anyone ever tried to start a 'forum get-together' for all those nameless signatures that inhabit the NZ forum?

I lived abroad before and there was always quite a social scene of pubs and outings where expats and 'native advisors' could meet, chat, get group discounts on trips, etc.

Get's my vote.....think we all need the friendship side of things when making the big move !!

Ali
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:43 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good but you will find that we are all spread out....some in the North and others like me in the South. Im up for a get together though!
Sue
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Sounds good but you will find that we are all spread out....some in the North and others like me in the South. Im up for a get together though!
Sue

sounds good im sure its going to be a quiet 6 weeks in wellington 4 me would be nice to get ou and about b4 the family gets here and we settle in hamilton

33 days :scared:
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MV5555
sounds good im sure its going to be a quiet 6 weeks in wellington 4 me would be nice to get ou and about b4 the family gets here and we settle in hamilton

33 days :scared:
Sounds good to me, I'm in Wellington and could do with a good night out. And I'm a Yorkshire lass!!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:01 am
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

Sounds like there are a few 'up for it' and also sounds as if we will have to have some 'regional' dos as well.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'll stick this at the top of the forum so it doesn't get lost.

As you were
Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:37 pm
Devonport Duffers

Oooer pressure is on now :scared: . I wont be 'in-country' until June, so if someone wants to arrange it in the meantime or suggest venues, great. Must be good 'pubs/drinkeries/parks' around, (not sure if 'Pubs' applies yet as I have never been to NZ myself).

Speaking for myself, I will be in Auckland to start with but working a lot, (I think), in Wellington. My better half will be following end of June/beginning July.

I am glad other's think it quite a good plan - let's make sure it happens shall we?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Oooer pressure is on now :scared: . I wont be 'in-country' until June, so if someone wants to arrange it in the meantime or suggest venues, great. Must be good 'pubs/drinkeries/parks' around, (not sure if 'Pubs' applies yet as I have never been to NZ myself).

Speaking for myself, I will be in Auckland to start with but working a lot, (I think), in Wellington. My better half will be following end of June/beginning July.

I am glad other's think it quite a good plan - let's make sure it happens shall we?

Im in Wellington from 12th june for 6 weeks anyone who waants to meet up would be great

hope the nz's can understand my yorkshire accent
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

I'm in Auckland from 1 May (and without the OH amd Kids for 2 months) so any social drinking/eating will be most welcome. Count me in please.

Have I said how scary this all is with only 7 days left in the UK before I fly off? I must have done I guess but the is getting in the way of my medium term memory. Too many good bye events I fear.

Colin
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
I'm in Auckland from 1 May (and without the OH amd Kids for 2 months) so any social drinking/eating will be most welcome. Count me in please.

Have I said how scary this all is with only 7 days left in the UK before I fly off? I must have done I guess but the is getting in the way of my medium term memory. Too many good bye events I fear.

Colin

GOOD LUCK COLIN KEEP US INFORMED
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Count me in - I've been in Wellington coming up 10 years - always pleased to meet up with a fellow immigrant - there will always be some things that only another "Brit" will understand/appreciate!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 11:58 am
Devonport Duffers

So Start date is now confirmed for July so nothing will happen before then. Still need some venue suggestions though.....
Old Apr 29th 2006, 4:01 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Radio Ham

Colin
Good luck and hope you have a good flight !

Sue
Old Apr 29th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

So Start date is now confirmed for July so nothing will happen before then. Still need some venue suggestions though.....
Loads of places in Wellington - depends who's going, with/without family, evening or during the day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.