Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

football development officer - salary

football development officer - salary

Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

clare.and.john is an unknown quantity at this point
Default football development officer - salary

i am interested in becoming a football development officer in new zealand and have seen a lot of vacancies but none of them have salary details. do you have any idea what the salary is ?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: football development officer - salary

Originally Posted by clare.and.john
i am interested in becoming a football development officer in new zealand and have seen a lot of vacancies but none of them have salary details. do you have any idea what the salary is ?
I've never even heard of that before, here or back in the UK. Sorry. I do know that not many places will give salary details until the interview stage though, as they can see what they can get away with paying you In our experience, employers ask what YOU would like to/think you should be paid
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the old kiwi trick of not mentioning salary, probably cos it so poor you wouldnt bother applying if you knew.

What sort of football development are we talking about - girls or schools football? If so, its likely to pay sod all.

What qualifications do you have?

Bear in mind that even the few professional footballers there are in NZ dont really earn very much at all.

Football is on the up and up in NZ, lots of great coaches and great kids, but its unlikely you are going to get rich on it.

Show me the vacancy you are talking about and I may be able to comment
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

eg

http://www.seek.co.nz/Job/football-d...ngton/19134182

Quote:

"An exceptionally well-qualified candidate MAY be appointed at the Assistant Football Development Manager level. "

"A recognised NZ coaching qualification is required and a Coach Educator Qualification is preferred."

"You should have:
· at least three years experience in player and coach development
· demonstrated skills in working with professional staff and club and school volunteers
· excellent communication and teamworking skills
· an ability to plan, manage priorities and work independently."

"Please note that this is a readvertisement and previous applicants need not reapply."

In other words, we expect a lot for our piss poor salary offer.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Browner_
Ah, the old kiwi trick of not mentioning salary, probably cos it so poor you wouldnt bother applying if you knew.

What sort of football development are we talking about - girls or schools football? If so, its likely to pay sod all.

What qualifications do you have?

Bear in mind that even the few professional footballers there are in NZ dont really earn very much at all.

Football is on the up and up in NZ, lots of great coaches and great kids, but its unlikely you are going to get rich on it.

Show me the vacancy you are talking about and I may be able to comment
This is were people come rather unstuck if not careful. Wages and the cost of living really dont compare. Knowing the standards of football, sorry soccer as its called down under, are quite low. There are a few ex pros teaching in Auckland but one of them an ex Watford player non the less did say that while he and his family enjoyed living in Auckland the cost of it all is phenomenal. I met a lad on Birmingham books years back and he never saw the season out it wasnt for him the standards were no good for him.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replys. Thats the job browner, I'm FA qualified and have experience (managed a kids team for the last 5 years and worked with local primary schools etc). Do you think i'd be flogging a dead un, didn't realise the wages would be so bad and that ex footballers did the job might be under qualified eh? Then again if you dont ask you don't get
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You know. I seem to remember we had this question from someone a while ago. I;ll try and find it for you later on if I can. I'm not sure what happened to the person but I think they were looking to start up an academy here.

I'm FA qualified and have experience (managed a kids team for the last 5 years and worked with local primary schools etc)
Are you thinking of this as a way to earn a living out of interest?

Primary schools around here rely on volunteers to coach football.

I see Browner has pointed you to a vacancy.

It states

A recognised NZ coaching qualification is required and a Coach Educator Qualification is preferred.
You may find that you need to have your overseas quals assessed to ensure they match the NZ standard.

My thoughts would be that you contact
Grant Herman, CEO, Capital Football on (04) 5865816 or email him at [email protected]
anyway and at least ask for more information about this type of position. He will be better able to inform you than any of us on here to be honest.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I dont know.

Employers are often not very forthcoming about possible salary, and you can waste time attending several interviews and then find out that they are gonna offer half of what you expected. Seems to be a kiwi thing.

Maybe the job is very suitable for you , I cant tell.

But I can tell you that my football club has about 70 youth teams up from age 4-16, girls and boys. There are a massive number of coaches, most of whom are poms or British at least, with the older teams coached twice a week. The whole thing is run by volunteers.

NZ Football do run lots of courses for junior coaches.

Id certainly ask Capital Football for a job description and likely salary range.

This website may give you more of a flavour for Capital Football...
http://info.soccer.org.nz/
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Capital Football have announced their new "Whole of Football" Plan
It looks like the development officers role is to roll out this sort of programme...

http://info.soccer.org.nz/index.php?...icks_Promo_Day
Old Mar 19th 2011, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link, this looks like its developing into something quite big.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Just spotted this job on seek in New Plymouth, salary $40-$45K: Football Development Officer