British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Flying on same flight as your dogs. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/flying-same-flight-your-dogs-631072/)

Numptyhead Sep 19th 2009 8:47 am

Re: Flying on same flight as your dogs.

Originally Posted by anniiee (Post 7944949)
Hi

We collected our dog this morning, and it took 2 1/2 hours .....but well worth the wait :) They said this was mainly due to the fact that it was Saturday morning and only limited staff, the main hold up was customs MAF were quite fast.
Yes don't forget the collar and lead.

Awww bless. I bet you couldn't wait to see him and vice versa. I am so looking forward to the moment we meet up again over there. Ninny will be fine, she will have slept all the way, coz she is always very tired. Harry will be so cross but secretly relieved he found us again.

Its funny, he knows something is not all as it should be in the house. We have rehomed two of our dogs over the past month and I think he is wondering if he will be next out the door. Poor puggy!

Deepseamark Sep 19th 2009 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Numptyhead (Post 7944970)
Awww bless. I bet you couldn't wait to see him and vice versa. I am so looking forward to the moment we meet up again over there. Ninny will be fine, she will have slept all the way, coz she is always very tired. Harry will be so cross but secretly relieved he found us again.

Its funny, he knows something is not all as it should be in the house. We have rehomed two of our dogs over the past month and I think he is wondering if he will be next out the door. Poor puggy!

Hello Maria

I went to pick up our dog yesterday along with my OH(Anniiee). We were quite surprised at the reaction that we were received.

our dog is a timid 2 year old Golden Retriever called Tilly who untill a week ago had never benn without the company of another dog and ourselves. Our other dog is an elderly Cocker who we thought would not make the journey so was rehoused with my mother.

When we arrived at the airport to pick up tilly the shutter door was open and we could see her, she was not in her case but in quite a large pen. We called her name expecting to see our normal greeting of tail wagging like mad. We received nothing, her ears pricked up and she looked at us but just looked straight through us. Some 2 hours later we were taken to the pen to be reunited with Tilly and again we received no reaction from her in fact when they opened the pen she tried to run off which is so not her.
When we finally got back to the house she was still not herself but after 30 mins and 4 bowls of water ( no kidding it looked like she hadn't had a drink for ages) she started to come round.
After 8 hours, a good feed and her first run on the beach she is back to her normal self tail wagging all the time.
We think because she is a timid dog and she was without her friend and us for the first time she has not had a good experiance of flying, in fact we think she has been quite frightened but it did not last for too long.
It is quite upsetting when you are excited about getting your dog back and all you expect is your dog will be all over you and really pleased to see you and what you actually receive from your pet is " you have just put me through two days of hell if you think i am talking to you you can get lost " This only lasted a couple of hours though and now she is her nornal self.

Numptyhead Sep 20th 2009 2:08 pm

Hi

Thanks for posting DeepseaMark. I think thats just how Harry will be. He will be so angry with us......but he can't resist a biscuit dunked in tea...no matter how p***ed off he is...lol