Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flying on same flight as your dogs.

Flying on same flight as your dogs.

Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flying on same flight as your dogs.

Hi

We are flying on the same flight as our dogs, coming into Auckland.

As anyone done the same? If so did you have to wait very long to collect dogs after the flight?

I hope someone can help with this

Maria
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flying on same flight as your dogs.

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Hi

We are flying on the same flight as our dogs, coming into Auckland.

As anyone done the same? If so did you have to wait very long to collect dogs after the flight?

I hope someone can help with this

Maria
Hey Numpty

cant help with your question but thought i would let you know - the photo that you added to the 'poll thread' - my little lad 'the real psycho in the family' has added it as his screen saver on his laptop. He thinks they are sooooo cute. And thats from a wee small chap who is rather scared of all things that woof (or yap) for that matter.

Sorry to interupt the thread. Well done with the flights - we still havent had our letter yet but ... the online status now says we are in the 'visa issue queue' dont think i have ever been in a better queue x

take care honey x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marie ours came out a week behind us when we went to pick them up at the airport is was only 20 mins after the flight had landed, take a little food and some water with u and dont forget the leads and collers

Neil

Do not go into a chain of shops called Animate there prices will make your eyes water

Last edited by Jan n Neil; Sep 16th 2009 at 8:30 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Hey Numpty

cant help with your question but thought i would let you know - the photo that you added to the 'poll thread' - my little lad 'the real psycho in the family' has added it as his screen saver on his laptop. He thinks they are sooooo cute. And thats from a wee small chap who is rather scared of all things that woof (or yap) for that matter.

Sorry to interupt the thread. Well done with the flights - we still havent had our letter yet but ... the online status now says we are in the 'visa issue queue' dont think i have ever been in a better queue x

take care honey x

Awww thats so sweet. Its a bugger getting them to all stay on the settee and look at Tom whilst he taking the photo. A chocolate digestive did the trick though and thats what they are staring at.

Last edited by Numptyhead; Sep 17th 2009 at 12:26 pm. Reason: cos Jesus loves me..not right answer...oh I know, I can't spell
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jan and Neil,

Thank you so much for the post. I was expecting to be hanging about for hours. Fabulous News. x
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Awww thats so sweet. Its a bugger getting them to all stay on the settee and look at Tom whilst he taking the photo. A chocolate digestive did the trick though and thats what they are staring at.
i just read him your reply and i dont hink he believes me - he gave me the look!!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

make sure u have a car big enough for the crates as well
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

And don't forget pooh bags either!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 9:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

From a dim memory , our two cats landed at Nelson Airport and Mr BEVS just waited around 20/30 minutes to see their whiskery faces in their crates. He then had to pay a small MAF fee to someone , somewhere and that was that.

Not much help was I
Old Sep 17th 2009, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

OK here goes...
Once you have yourself through and out the other end with all your baggage. you will need a huge car and posibly and/or trailer depending on how much luggage you have.
You need to go across the road from the main terminal to the cargo and MAF area which is where your dogs will be. You will not be allowd to see your dogs at this point but will be given a bill to pay and alot of paper work to take back to the main terminal to get signed off. Then you go back to cargo terminal then across the road to another area to pay yet another fee.
One you have these bits of signing off done you can collect your animal. The crate that they travel in are yours so do collect it as it will come in handy. If you dont want it then fine but it will be on trade me a few days after.
We are still using our crates 3 years later.

Good luck in finding a rental.

P.S are you aware that you need an address where the dog is going to be kept for 30 days continually once landing in the country, if you do not have this they may not let you take him.
It could be a friends or a rental.
Though I followed this they did not check up on me but I guess they could do.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 4:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We've acted as the contact address before now and we have been telephoned to check .
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
i just read him your reply and i dont hink he believes me - he gave me the look!!!
LOL...what doesn't he believe? They are our doggies...honest. OH messed about for a loooong time on Paintshop doing their red noses and hats
x

Oh and the name tags around their necks are whiskey labels....lol

Last edited by Numptyhead; Sep 19th 2009 at 8:36 am.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
make sure u have a car big enough for the crates as well
Thank you, my son pointed this out to me just the other day. We are looking at hiring a people carrier or similar, or if push comes to shove possible a van. Mind you we would look awful riding around in a van for the first week. Could be handy though picking up bits of furniture to make do with
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Hi

We collected our dog this morning, and it took 2 1/2 hours .....but well worth the wait They said this was mainly due to the fact that it was Saturday morning and only limited staff, the main hold up was customs MAF were quite fast.
Yes don't forget the collar and lead.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Newfies
OK here goes...
Once you have yourself through and out the other end with all your baggage. you will need a huge car and posibly and/or trailer depending on how much luggage you have.
You need to go across the road from the main terminal to the cargo and MAF area which is where your dogs will be. You will not be allowd to see your dogs at this point but will be given a bill to pay and alot of paper work to take back to the main terminal to get signed off. Then you go back to cargo terminal then across the road to another area to pay yet another fee.
One you have these bits of signing off done you can collect your animal. The crate that they travel in are yours so do collect it as it will come in handy. If you dont want it then fine but it will be on trade me a few days after.
We are still using our crates 3 years later.

Good luck in finding a rental.

P.S are you aware that you need an address where the dog is going to be kept for 30 days continually once landing in the country, if you do not have this they may not let you take him.
It could be a friends or a rental.
Though I followed this they did not check up on me but I guess they could do.
Yes I became aware of it last week when I booked the dogs in with the shippers. He has left it with me to sort out Looks like the lovely Bevs...moderator extraordinaire.... has come up trumps with this little problem

Folk are so lovely on this site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.