Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

flying to Christchurch on 24th! scouting trip!

flying to Christchurch on 24th! scouting trip!

Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:00 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default flying to Christchurch on 24th! scouting trip!

i'm so excited! we arrive in Christchurch on the 24th for our scouting trip WOO-HOOO!!!!

unfortunately we only have 4 days to look around and will concentrate on Christchurch and surrounds, Darfield etc and check out the Selwyn area (or at least some of it)

plus hubby will meet up with some recruitment agents, so it's not all play and no work! too bad we're missing the ski season
would have been nice to try out the slopes

any suggestions of places in Selwyn we shouldn't miss on our travels? i already have a list of places to see but would love suggestions
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:09 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flying to Christchurch on 24th! scouting trip!

Hi again! Wow - not long now then, and talk about whistle stop tour - 4 days won't give you that long but it should be long enough. From earlier posts you seem to have researched Selwyn pretty well. Kirwee/ Darfield are 2 popular areas and the outskirts of Rolleston can get you away from the high density areas and into a bit more space.

It sounds to me that you would probably also like Oxford/ rural Rangiora so they could be worth a poke.

Sarah Booth is a real estate agent for Ray White in Rolly - a google will find her - and she may have the low down on areas in Selwyn for you to look at. When we first got here we found that a meeting with an agent gave a lot of insight into areas we may like, and what our budget could meet.

Good luck guys, and enjoy your time here. I hope the sun comes out for you!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:50 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Re: flying to Christchurch on 24th! scouting trip!

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hi again! Wow - not long now then, and talk about whistle stop tour - 4 days won't give you that long but it should be long enough. From earlier posts you seem to have researched Selwyn pretty well. Kirwee/ Darfield are 2 popular areas and the outskirts of Rolleston can get you away from the high density areas and into a bit more space.

It sounds to me that you would probably also like Oxford/ rural Rangiora so they could be worth a poke.

Sarah Booth is a real estate agent for Ray White in Rolly - a google will find her - and she may have the low down on areas in Selwyn for you to look at. When we first got here we found that a meeting with an agent gave a lot of insight into areas we may like, and what our budget could meet.

Good luck guys, and enjoy your time here. I hope the sun comes out for you!
Wiz'n'Ton, has anyone lately told you that you are a star?

Thanks a bunch for the tip. I'll look her up and try contact her this week.

I'm hoping for some sun too, and we can't wait!!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

nzfarmers is a jewel in the roughnzfarmers is a jewel in the roughnzfarmers is a jewel in the roughnzfarmers is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: flying to Christchurch on 24th! scouting trip!

Hi, we live in Lincoln and always recommend the Selwyn area which we and the children love so much. Great people, and wonderful place. By the way, good luck with the scouting trip.