Flipping Cold

Old May 31st 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flipping Cold

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Hi SarahB
Its the 1st of June tomorrow,supposed to be our summer!!!!
went to the east coast to Whitby for the weekend it was freezing, sooo windy and not very nice at all.
living in north yorkshire you get used to the rain so looking forward to the milder weather.
when we drive to London we always think its a lot warmer
Auckland here we come,hows the mossies and the sandflies today :scared:
Another beautiful day here in Auckland. Blue skies and light winds..... pity I have morning sickness for the first time and feel like s**t.

A few mossies in the kitchen as I had the doors and windows open all day yesterday but not too many. I havnt been bitten by a sandfly in weeks now!! (I bet that will jinx it! )

When are you coming to Auckland and where will you work and live?
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:28 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Extremely cold but sooo bright here today and the sun is streaming through the windows as I type right now.
It was that cold this morning that our faces hurt with it on the walk to school :scared:
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SarahB
Another beautiful day here in Auckland. Blue skies and light winds..... pity I have morning sickness for the first time and feel like s**t.

A few mossies in the kitchen as I had the doors and windows open all day yesterday but not too many. I havnt been bitten by a sandfly in weeks now!! (I bet that will jinx it! )

When are you coming to Auckland and where will you work and live?

Am I reading right Sarah and your having a little Kiwi , congratulations, hope you get over the morning sickness, it's the pits. My kids are teenagers now and that's the pits too :scared:
How is the House situation going?
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annaerb
Am I reading right Sarah and your having a little Kiwi , congratulations, hope you get over the morning sickness, it's the pits. My kids are teenagers now and that's the pits too :scared:
How is the House situation going?
hehe.....Thanks, yeah youre right!! I will be having a little kiwi sometime in the beginning of January by elective c-section! It all went wrong the first time around and they broke my bits so that they dont work now.... really, you dont wanna know! lol. I cant really moan too much as I basically feel ok.... I have no appetite yet Im piling on the pounds already.... work that one out! It will definately be my last baby as Im too old now for all this.

My mum is already talking about coming over again next year to say Hi to bub and to help me out. How cool is that!

House situation.... the purchase here is all sorted.... in that we have met all the conditions on time and are just waiting on the sale in the UK..... which is taking so bloody long.... 3 weeks now and still no news on whether the buyer has been offered the finance..... it just doesnt take that long!!! How frustrating!!

Isnt today just gorgeous though.... popped down to see my horse at Clifton Road and all the owners have the winter rugs on their horses and they are all dripping wet with sweat underneath them.... must be high teens out there today. I wish I felt more lively.... I couldve gone to the beach but I just felt too sick earlier.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=SarahB]Another beautiful day here in Auckland. Blue skies and light winds..... pity I have morning sickness for the first time and feel like s**t.

When are you coming to Auckland and where will you work and live?[/QUOT hr

Hi sarah

i found if you eat a ginger biscuit before you get out of bed it helps with the morning sickness, congratulations anyway
we leave england 27ish of august and hubby will start work in cbd in auckland on the 11th of sept his company rents us a house for four weeks, then we have to fend for ourselves. so we will have to do some house hunting .
wayne will be moving from cbd up to Albany in about 3 months so north shore any suggestions ?
we have three children so schools are important and they sixteen,eleven and five, big gaps but good for babysitting
i will be a stay at home mum untill we are settled, but would like to found a job in a florist shop eventually love working with flowers .
thanks for the advice about the dog, will miss him sooo sooo much.
Remember ginger biscuit and a cup of tea before you get out of bed helps so tell hubby breakfast in bed from now on
nearly forgot its raining again today british summers and they say we have a water shortage
bye for now jane
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi sarah

i found if you eat a ginger biscuit before you get out of bed it helps with the morning sickness, congratulations anyway
we leave england 27ish of august and hubby will start work in cbd in auckland on the 11th of sept his company rents us a house for four weeks, then we have to fend for ourselves. so we will have to do some house hunting .
wayne will be moving from cbd up to Albany in about 3 months so north shore any suggestions ?
we have three children so schools are important and they sixteen,eleven and five, big gaps but good for babysitting
i will be a stay at home mum untill we are settled, but would like to found a job in a florist shop eventually love working with flowers .
Remember ginger biscuit and a cup of tea before you get out of bed helps so tell hubby breakfast in bed from now on
nearly forgot its raining again today british summers and they say we have a water shortage
bye for now jane
Hi Jane, thanks for the ginger biscuit tip.... Its my turn to bake for PlayGroup tomorrow so I will make some ginger biscuits.

I havnt been up to North Shore very often. A friend lives in Greenhithe and it seems pretty nice up that way.... lots of trees and less densely populated than some areas. Youd have to ask somebody with more knowledge of the area... Im sure theres lots of people on here who live in that area.

We are in Beachlands, East Auckland but its expensive here to be honest. We have a couple of nice little beaches and the views are lovely. We have a really good British Expat Community here. I have lots of new friends and we get together for coffee groups and swimming, Playgroups etc. We have decided to settle here and are buying an older property that needs some work doing to it rather than leave the area and have to start again.

Will you get another dog do you think?

Good luck for your move.... August can be really wet here so dont be too put off to start with... it will end and the sun does come out!!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Flipping Cold

[QUOTE=waynepfry]

When are you coming to Auckland and where will you work and live?[/QUOT hr

Hi sarah

bye for now jane

Hi Jane

We lived on the North Shore and had 5 kids with us then, "Never had a telly" haha....two of our kids aged 16, 14 went to Takapuna Grammar School as we lived in Devonport and the other 12 year old went to Belmont Intermediate, 6 year old girl went to Baywater Primary. They were terrific schools and not too large of classes either. If you need any more advise my wife will be using my profile from time to time her name is Sherren.

Cheers
Mick
Old Jun 1st 2006, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jane, thanks for the ginger biscuit tip.... Its my turn to bake for PlayGroup tomorrow so I will make some ginger biscuits.

I havnt been up to North Shore very often. A friend lives in Greenhithe and it seems pretty nice up that way.... lots of trees and less densely populated than some areas. Youd have to ask somebody with more knowledge of the area... Im sure theres lots of people on here who live in that area.

We are in Beachlands, East Auckland but its expensive here to be honest. We have a couple of nice little beaches and the views are lovely. We have a really good British Expat Community here. I have lots of new friends and we get together for coffee groups and swimming, Playgroups etc. We have decided to settle here and are buying an older property that needs some work doing to it rather than leave the area and have to start again.

Will you get another dog do you think?

Good luck for your move.... August can be really wet here so dont be too put off to start with... it will end and the sun does come out!!

hiya sarah,
will make sure i have my brolley and wellies.
Beachlands sounds lovely, we keep looking on the internet at the houses that are up for sale now, i wish we had more money to spend .
Devonport sounds nice if you have $1 million-plus to spend guess what we havnt.I love the old style houses and the fact you can catch the ferry across to cbd with out going across the bridge, its sounds like a nightmare..

Kids would love another dog but we would have to be settle first, casper is a japenese spitz and follows me every where, i will check if we can get this breed in nz as he is brill with kids and very loyal.

Good look with the baking,its the ginger that settles the stomach you could also drink gingerbeer that work for me too.

cya jane
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=jonesey]

Hi Jane

We lived on the North Shore and had 5 kids with us then, "Never had a telly" haha....two of our kids aged 16, 14 went to Takapuna Grammar School as we lived in Devonport and the other 12 year old went to Belmont Intermediate, 6 year old girl went to Baywater Primary. They were terrific schools and not too large of classes either. If you need any more advise my wife will be using my profile from time to time her name is Sherren.

Cheers
Mick
Hi Mick and Sherren
Thanks for the advice, We have being looking at Devonport but seems very expensive and theres not a lot of houses for rent or sale it must be nice .
Have you moved on from Devonport now?
CHEERS
JANE
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=waynepfry]
Originally Posted by jonesey

Hi Mick and Sherren
Thanks for the advice, We have being looking at Devonport but seems very expensive and theres not a lot of houses for rent or sale it must be nice .
CHEERS
JANE

Hi Jane

We are in the process of returning to Forces way of life again but this time instead of UK RAF we shall be going into the RNZAF at Ohakea around Oct 06. So this is another great opportunity for my OH to get back into service uniform as he is now a civilian again and is looking forward to his draft to NZ. Also there are only 3 children coming back to NZ with us this time as we did originally go out to NZ with 5 children but 2 are staying back in UK as they will be both in the UK Army by the time we go in October. The first time around in Devonport it was a great life for us but we had to return on a family matter which has now stretched out for 2 years back in UK longer than we had expected.

Sherren & Mick
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

The Hibiscus Coats is a nice place to live, and if you're working in Akbany, only about 15 mins drive - much easier than Devonport.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice - from the maps it seems further than 15 mins so wouldn't have thought to look at it - going to check on harcourts now! Cheers.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sherren & Mick

Cheers for the advice. Hope the move goes well for you - at least you'll miss the rain moving back in October!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=waynepfry]
Originally Posted by jonesey

Hi Mick and Sherren
CHEERS
JANE

Jane

We have some friends who have moved back from UK to NZ and they have settled in a nice area called Torbay have a nice 2 storey 4 bedroom and not too far from Auckland.

Sherren & Mick
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

You seem to be well on track--one point tho, "Older houses" my wife loves the old villa style,BUT, and it is a big "but" she does not have to maintain it!
Modern housing,with aluminium joinery etc are so much more easier to keep up with little or no problems--BEWARE of the "Leaky House problem" which has and still is costing millions in rectifying.
We live out on the Whangaparaoa Peninsular(Hibiscus Coast)--right at the end and we have Devonports problem and virtual same set up.
Got a ferry that runs straight into Auckland and only one road in and out--takes us about 10 mins to get to the "mainland" to either turn right to Orewa or left -Motorway, Auckland.
Early start 0600=Harbour Bridge 35 mins, school hours can make it 1hr15mins!

Get over here, rent for a while-have a chat to us "natives" over a beer or 3 incinerate a few snags, put heaps of "sunfactor15" on and enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.