Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flipping birth certificate probs again???

Flipping birth certificate probs again???

Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice
Default Re: Flipping birth certificate probs again???

Ah ok, I'll ring a few for a quote lol
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chillyed
i couldnt tell you were my birth certificate is i assume my old dear has it somewhere safe. do you actually need to submit it? i got here without it
Ah Gosh......Lucky You I Guess .......Although worrying

We spent a small fortune having ours certified in total for meds, visa, police certs etc im pretty sure we had about 4 or 5 copies of each mine, hubby's and sons....... Then had to get MORE copies in support of Father-in-laws grandparent visa! Then had to take MIL into town the week before we left to get a copy of of hers for their app.

Id say get a copy from the registry office online. It won't hurt to have an its a pretty vital piece of paper for any future Visa/Residency issues.

As for the name thing if you just explain the situation to a solicitor they will draw up what you need (it effectively just a posh letter from them stating that your name claim is truthful, they will prob want to see evidence maybe bank statements, bills etc in the name you use.) They will charge you a set fee or a fee for the time slot you use with them (this varies greatly) and then im pretty certain they will charge you for each copy of the letter you wish t have.

I had to have a letter drawn up for our immigration app, different circumstances of course but it basically cost;
*half hour fee which was £75 (basically the time it took to discuss it)
*The fee for the letter and its certification £20
*The fee for any subsequent copies and there certification £5 each

I would advise that if you do ever do this sort of thing then always get a few spare, as it usually works out cheaper to spend more whilst your there, rather than having to go back again.

Also each time we have done this we have ended up using them! (we did it with copies of our qualification's too)
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:21 am
Just Joined

chillyed is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BEVS
give details
ok chill out chief

i submitted my visa application with my passport, my contract offer, a copy of my degree certificate, my police check and medical. at no point was i asked for my birth certificate or did i supply it. in fact i've never even seen it mentioned in any of the advice.

surely your passport is as good as if not better than a birth certificate?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chillyed
ok chill out chief
Just being lazy on the typing front.

PR = Birth cert required.

surely your passport is as good as if not better than a birth certificate?
That's an interesting question. There is passport fraud I suppose. Do NZIS cross reference with the birth certs reference numbers to ensure you iz who you say you iz
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

My friend works for a solicitors and said that I can draw up my own change of name declaration and get it sworn in court. She seems to think that this will only cost about £10...sounds too cheap to be true!! She even found me a draft letter online, I just need to enter my details onto it. Hmmmm, we'll see!!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

That's about right. I found a draft declaration online, filled in my details, and took it to a solictor who got me to say a few words and then signed it off and made some copies for me. Cost me £5 and didn't need to go to court, I rang around a few places to see if they did statutory declarations and how much they charged first.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

melanieanne63 is an unknown quantity at this point

classless,
was wondering how you got on with the name change business, my situation is identical to yours, hence every bit of documentation I have is in my mother new married name. Was going to change it by deed poll but I guess going to a solicitor may be cheaper.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

melanieanne63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melanieanne63
classless,
was wondering how you got on with the name change business, my situation is identical to yours, hence every bit of documentation I have is in my mother new married name. Was going to change it by deed poll but I guess going to a solicitor may be cheaper.
oh my god, how Ill mannered am I spell check took over, so sorry carepete.