Reload this Page >

Flights to the UK best options - first trip back to the old "home"

Flights to the UK best options - first trip back to the old "home"

Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Flights to the UK best options - first trip back to the old "home"

Originally Posted by scotttom
I can't understand why people get upset when relatives don't fly half way round the world to visit. Don't forget it's you who decided to leave and go about as far away from everyone as you can possibly get.
I agree with this. I hoped my old Dad would be able to come for a visit to settle himself about what we had come to but he simply wasn't able to make the trip.
In my opinion & it is just my own opinion, if you choose to move away, especially this far away, then it is up to you to make the effort to keep in touch and make visits back if & when you can. Not the other way around.
All we do is make it clear we have an open door to anyone that would think to use their holiday leave & spend their hard earned money to come all this way.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

KarenG53 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree we shouldn't expect our family to endure the hideous trip down here just to see what an awesome place we have moved to... It was me that decided to move half way round the world leaving everyone behind.. as they are all grown 2 with their own families...youngest still to find that special person... I do the trips but next year when I go back for the usual 3 months or so and to celebrate my 60th with them it maybe the last time my health allows me to do it... I do get excellent assisted travel everytime I've flown but the trip takes it's toll...
Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:39 am
`

Originally Posted by KarenG53
I agree we shouldn't expect our family to endure the hideous trip down here just to see what an awesome place we have moved to... It was me that decided to move half way round the world leaving everyone behind.. as they are all grown 2 with their own families...youngest still to find that special person... I do the trips but next year when I go back for the usual 3 months or so and to celebrate my 60th with them it maybe the last time my health allows me to do it... I do get excellent assisted travel everytime I've flown but the trip takes it's toll...

60th ? You are one year ahead of me which makes me a spring chicken.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:13 am
Just Joined

chickadee aye hahaha..I thought the saying went your only as old as you feel or was that the man you feel which is pretty good for me considering mine's nearly 10 yrs younger.... mostly I feel young just that hideously long trek whacks me out that's why I have a long stay there
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:20 am
`

.......... or was that the man you feel which is pretty good for me considering mine's nearly 10 yrs younger....
Mine's 5 years younger than me. so if the saying is correct , that makes me the respected elder.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:37 am
Just Joined

:-) you have my respect hehehe...
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:38 am
`

:-) you have my respect hehehe...
Attachment 110104

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 25th 2013 at 3:52 am.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Happy Christmas wishes to you and yours :-)

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 18th 2012 at 8:56 am. Reason: santa was missing
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:56 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I agree with this. I hoped my old Dad would be able to come for a visit to settle himself about what we had come to but he simply wasn't able to make the trip.
In my opinion & it is just my own opinion, if you choose to move away, especially this far away, then it is up to you to make the effort to keep in touch and make visits back if & when you can. Not the other way around.
All we do is make it clear we have an open door to anyone that would think to use their holiday leave & spend their hard earned money to come all this way.
Sort of agree, but I know if one of my relatives moved abroad I would take it as a cheap holiday to stay with them and see a part of the world without paying out hotel prices, but then again I was always one to travel
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:57 am

Mine's 5 years younger than me. so if the saying is correct , that makes me the respected elder.
Mines 5 years younger than me too
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:59 am

chickadee aye hahaha..I thought the saying went your only as old as you feel or was that the man you feel which is pretty good for me considering mine's nearly 10 yrs younger.... mostly I feel young just that hideously long trek whacks me out that's why I have a long stay there
I won't be going again I doubt after the last trip August just gone, was with my mum who passed away, my dad died in 1990 so no more trips for me
Old Dec 18th 2012, 8:54 am
`

Originally Posted by love30stm
Sort of agree, but I know if one of my relatives moved abroad I would take it as a cheap holiday to stay with them and see a part of the world without paying out hotel prices, but then again I was always one to travel
We never did. We always remained independent.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:00 am

We never did. We always remained independent.
I always remained independent never having help from any of my family when my children were young! We always coped without family!!! I don't know what you mean? We always went abroad on our own, all I was saying is if I had family who lived abroad I would take the opertunity to visit them!!!

We have always been independent, so no reason to go back to the uk for us

I'm a bit offended by that btw!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:02 am
`

Happy Christmas wishes to you and yours :-)
and to you and yours also KarenG83.

We may share tales of our UK 60th's
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:12 am
`

Originally Posted by love30stm
I always remained independent never having help from any of my family when my children were young! We always coped without family!!! I don't know what you mean? We always went abroad on our own, all I was saying is if I had family who lived abroad I would take the opertunity to visit them!!!

We have always been independent, so no reason to go back to the uk for us

I'm a bit offended by that btw!
Oh dear.

This is what you wrote
but I know if one of my relatives moved abroad I would take it as a cheap holiday to stay with them and see a part of the world without paying out hotel prices,
If that is not what you meant then OK.

What KarenG53 & I agree on is that we don't expect our family and friends to spend their hard earned cash and leave time to travel the globe to see us. It is up to us to go see them as it is us that moved away.

There is no way coming to New Zealand is a cheap holiday & not everyone is at all interested in New Zealand and why on earth should they be if it isn't for them...if that's what you mean.

I'm not interested in a fall-out . So

peace as the saying seems to go recently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.