Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights to the UK best options - first trip back to the old "home"

Flights to the UK best options - first trip back to the old "home"

Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

KarenG53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights to the UK best options - first trip back to the old "home"

hahaha oh yeah we may just do that... btw you've added 30 to my name :-) mind you that means I was born in 83 now instead of 53 :-) oh soooooo young 2 yrs younger than my youngest hehehe...;-)
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by KarenG53
hahaha oh yeah we may just do that... btw you've added 30 to my name :-) mind you that means I was born in 83 now instead of 53 :-) oh soooooo young 2 yrs younger than my youngest hehehe...;-)
Waah! Will you accept Freudian slip ?
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:18 am
Just Joined

oops hope we haven't started world war 3 !!!! tis the season to be merry... oh to win the lottery... would be handy if I did it... but just don't have the spare dosh.. smiles all round :-)
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:21 am
Just Joined

of course Bev time to get some shut eye... soon be 5:30 and man will be up and raring to go to the gym.... yuk not jealous at all ;-) night
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:21 am
`

oops hope we haven't started world war 3 !!!! tis the season to be merry... oh to win the lottery... would be handy if I did it... but just don't have the spare dosh.. smiles all round :-)
Nah ! Love30 is 'cool'. A young'un but cool.

Yup. We need the lottery. I'd be back and forth like a fiddlers elbow.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:23 am
`

of course Bev time to get some shut eye... soon be 5:30 and man will be up and raring to go to the gym.... yuk not jealous at all ;-) night
Ooo . Ergh. Mine does that. Did a half-marathon a couple of weekends ago. Madness I say.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:23 am
`

Night KarenG53

Bevs54
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:27 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Nah ! Love30 is 'cool'. A young'un but cool.

Yup. We need the lottery. I'd be back and forth like a fiddlers elbow.
Lol I'm no young un I'm 54

And I just meant that it would be cheaper to travel just getting a flight and staying with us!

But it's not going to happen as I never saw them living round the corner families hey? Anyway night xx
Old Dec 18th 2012, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

wendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nice

[QUOTE=madao;10430181]
We still need to arrange our easy jet or Ryanair flights between Portugal / UK / Spain but we managed to book the following....
QUOTE]

Some advice on the EasyJet/Ryanair in case no-one has told you, be sure you pre book your luggage and watch for the luggage limitations on both carriers, they are going to be different/less weight that your long haul flights, they also charge for all sorts of extras and fine you if you do not pre-book!! You could end up being stung on the short haul and the amazing savings you made on your trip to Europe wiped out!!

Good luck (BTW I am still in the UK and one of those parents that goes to NZ every year to see her kids, but hopefully will be in NZ full time in 2013!)
Old Dec 18th 2012, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

A further tip on Easyjet or Ryanair: book as early as possible. The ideal time to book is the day they release their flights but I think you're too late for that.

Also, if you can manage your trip between UK and Spain/Portugal with hand luggage only you'll save a few bob.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

AndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond repute

We've done the trip back 4 or 5 times in the last 8 years. We only ever did it in one go once and vowed never again. Since then we always fly via the States, originally because you got a better baggage allowance but that has long since gone. Now we fly that way because we love San Francisco so much. We always explore the prices but to make things manageable always stopover for a minimum of 2 nights each way, normally LA on the way over and SF on the way back. Lot's of people we talk to have no interest in visiting the US but each to their own.
And in 8 years we have had 2 visits from family, but met a couple yesterday who said they had been deluged with visitors since they got here a couple of years ago so I guess it depends on how much money your friends and family have along with just how much people like you, not much in either case for us!

Last edited by AndyEvs; Dec 22nd 2012 at 6:08 pm. Reason: Spelling etc
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 8:11 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my view:

Before we migrated, flying to NZ would have been a once-in-a-lifetime holiday destination due to time/cost etc.

Just because we migrate, that doesn't change. If you get visitors welcome them - but you can't expect it of anyone TBH.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I've just paid for my trip back in July.

AirNZ AKL to Shanghai - stopover for two days
Shanghai to London City Airport with Swiss Air
Amsterdam to Bangkok on Lufthansa
Bangkok to AKL on Thai
Was $2700 for me and $2100 for the little one

So excited.
Especially about flying into London City, thinking it must be easier than LHR