Flights to UK

Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to UK

Rob is going back to the UK during the UK Summer for 4 weeks $2429, with a luxury stop over included in Seoul. This is flying Korean Air, Auckland to London return.

Hope this is some help.

Gill
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
Good thread is this one
I've been looking at the AirAsia website on and off trying to get the flight costs as low as I can.
Some of the outward flight prices are great ,but coming back the $$$ are far higher.

What does anyone think a cheap flight price would be ? Under $2000?

We also have to get him from Nelson to either Welly, Auckland or Xch.

Definitely under $2000 would be classed as cheap for me - ideally around $1500 would be best!

My parents are coming out next month and are flying Korean Air and got their return flights for 650GBP each. Same price as 2 other people who have been over to visit us since we arrived. One flew with Korean Air and one Malaysian.

Just hoping we can find a similar price for an Auckland return
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Debs78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We have just moved over here and because we didnt have anything but visitors visa we had to buy return tickets...we are staying now but have return tickets spare (One way)we have 3 tickets..from Auckland to Manchester airport on the 7th May 2011...we would sell for a good price and plus there would be the name change fee on the tickets too !!

Debs x
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:04 am
Just Joined

sarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nice

For as long as I can recall even from our first stay (1995) its always cheaper to fly out to NZ from UK than the other way around. Yes you can book from UK (you have to call and do it with a real person) but not online as it recognises you are in NZ (I am planning to do this for my next trip so I use GBP and not NZD). Getting a cheap flight NZ to UK advice....book as far in advance as you can and avoid the holiday times (both sides of the world) and you can get a good deal..... best of luck!!!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sarah3
For as long as I can recall even from our first stay (1995) its always cheaper to fly out to NZ from UK than the other way around. Yes you can book from UK (you have to call and do it with a real person) but not online as it recognises you are in NZ (I am planning to do this for my next trip so I use GBP and not NZD). Getting a cheap flight NZ to UK advice....book as far in advance as you can and avoid the holiday times (both sides of the world) and you can get a good deal..... best of luck!!!
I'm confused. Are you saying you will phone the UK to make a flight booking which is from NZ to UK and return? Thereby saving money ......which I am most interested in.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

You have to play these people at their own game.

We fly back from Tauranga to Auckland and I book it before we leave the UK. I go on airnewzealand.co.nz not airnewzealand.co.uk and super saver flights come on the NZ site but not on the UK so I book on the NZ site to save some money. Obviously I am paying in $'s but even at the low rate of exchange I still save.

June
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

We finally booked some flights!!

They cost a little more than we wanted to pay but we decided in the end to go back at Christmas and spend some more.

They cost us $5,500 for 2 people flying via San Francisco and Germany using Lufthansa. The flights between Akl and SF are with Air NZ but because we booked them through the Lufthansa website we got them a whole lot cheaper!

Definitely worth shopping around though. I looked at one website and was quoted $16,000 to fly at Christmas!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:06 am
`

Cheers for this update.
I am nearly at the point of booking Emirates for the husband. I'll check your option out.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:18 am
Just Joined

sarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm confused. Are you saying you will phone the UK to make a flight booking which is from NZ to UK and return? Thereby saving money ......which I am most interested in.
I am planning to phone an agent in the UK...to book flights from NZ to UK return. I made a comparison last year when I was over and spoke to an agent (I forget the travel agency but it was a big chain on the high street) the savings were good in comparison and I was told it is possible to do that. Though I have to carry it out myself I am confident! If anyone else gets to try it before I do then do let me know how they get on.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah3
I am planning to phone an agent in the UK...to book flights from NZ to UK return.
I honestly don't think this works.

If you want to book travel originating in NZ, you have to pay the fare for the NZ market. A UK agent may just take the NZD fare and convert it into GBP.

As you know the fare for NZ-UK-NZ is different (higher) to UK-NZ-UK, but you can't pay the UK market fare to fly the sectors in the order you want.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:31 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely keep an eye on Air Asia X both for flights from NZ and from Australia.

No wait, if you live in Wellington or near a regional airport there's no point as the flight to Australia can be quite a bit (sneaky people). But if you are in Auckland or Christchurch you have more possibiltiy of grabbing cheap cheap fares. I know of someone who booked a return flight on Air Asia from Melbourne for less than $1000. With a cheapie flight from NZ that wouldn't be so bad!!

Remember to mix and match - jetstar and Air Asia X for example. Jetstar to Asia, Air Asia to Stansted.

Oh, and if you get a cheap fare don't rule out paying for an upgrade even for exit rows or whatever. It could be worth it.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:43 pm
`

I've been looking at Air Asia X Christchurch-Stanstead return and the cheapest I can find is $2160 at the moment . Then need to add on for baggage/entertainment and food for each leg - approx $150 from what I can tell.

With Emirates I've found a fare for $2440 direct to Birmingham.

If I can get the fare lower than this, then that would be ace.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:46 am
`

Anyone used Webjet at all? It seems to do a mix and match thing.

I did a search for mid April and it bunged a price back at me of $2070 only
Old Feb 11th 2011, 3:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

If you're interesting in mixing and matching lo-cos try this one:

http://adioso.com/

You search for fuzzy terms like 'Christchurch to Stansted April'...and it gives you a month view of prices. It does things like mix Jetstar and Air Asia.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

As someone posted in another thread, Jetstar is currently selling tickets really cheaply. I took a look at the offers, and for example for July, it seems to be possible to get return tickets from Welly to Singapore (via Auckland) for about 840 NZD. This was the price for seat, cabin baggage and 20 kg checked in baggage. All meals etc. must be ordered and paid separately, but if someone is looking for a cheap ticket, this might be an option if you manage find a reasonably priced ticket from Singapore onwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.