flights stop over

Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

davepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura about
Default flights stop over

hi

just thinkin ahead, was planning on getting over to NZ on october 1st, wanted to fly from heathrow and stopover for a few days in LA. However after reading some info on the net ive found that you can only stay in the airport terminal due to security.

So thought about stop over in singapore, hong kong, japan but cant find any decent sites to book it.

Also wanna know if anyone has any links to get cheap flights,

Ive got my job and just put in my eoi so will hopefully be in NZ for October whoo hooo

Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:40 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: flights stop over

Originally Posted by davepoole
hi

just thinkin ahead, was planning on getting over to NZ on october 1st, wanted to fly from heathrow and stopover for a few days in LA. However after reading some info on the net ive found that you can only stay in the airport terminal due to security.

So thought about stop over in singapore, hong kong, japan but cant find any decent sites to book it.

Ive got my job and just put in my eoi so will hopefully be in NZ for October whoo hooo

There's absolutely no reason you can't stop over in USA, just make sure you have a passport with barcode and that means you qualify for visa waiver or else get a visa first.

Having said that, I'd prefer Asia every time. Singapore OK for a day or two but better than that IMHO is Thailand, the world's friendliest country, cheap hotels, excellent standards of service, great to eat out, easy to keep away from the seedier side.

You can get cheap flights from Singapore to Phuket, only takes about an hour - forget Bangkok as a destination, it's horrible.

Lee normally has some good flight offers http://www.leestravel.co.uk/special...h-east-asia.htm eg London- AKL GBP 465 with Malaysia Airlines.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:45 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Hi Dave
Why would you think you couldnt have a stop over in LA? Many people choose to break their journey with a few days in LA. One (SarahB) should be arriving in NZ any day (if she hasnt already) has just spent a few days in LA after leaving the UK.
Check into the air fares, flight times etc & decide which you think will be best for you. There are numerous choices for you depending on which way you want to go....via USA or Asia etc. Think Dons suggestion of Thailand sounds wonderful but I have a spft spot for California myself because Ive always had so much fun during my stays there. then again I like Asia too. Goodluck in finding the best route for you & yours.

Cheers
Shepslady
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

hi

We stopped over for 4 nights in Singapore after our last visit back home. It was really lovely. We had a great time and took the kids to the Zoo there - which was lovely also. I felt much better for the rest when we got to NZ as well. Kuala Lumpar (Sorry if spelt that wrong) i also lovely as well and interesting to visit. There are Heaps of options for your trip over.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

davepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura aboutdavepoole has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shepslady
Hi Dave
Why would you think you couldnt have a stop over in LA? Many people choose to break their journey with a few days in LA. One (SarahB) should be arriving in NZ any day (if she hasnt already) has just spent a few days in LA after leaving the UK.
Check into the air fares, flight times etc & decide which you think will be best for you. There are numerous choices for you depending on which way you want to go....via USA or Asia etc. Think Dons suggestion of Thailand sounds wonderful but I have a spft spot for California myself because Ive always had so much fun during my stays there. then again I like Asia too. Goodluck in finding the best route for you & yours.

Cheers
Shepslady
Hi Shepslady

i got the info from one of the airline web sites, its a new rule made by the usa and has just cme into effect, think i will need to look into it further. Its a hard one really like the look of singapore now too, got a few weeks to look into it. Also gotta think wisely as im on a budget,

thanks

dave
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:11 am
pompeymike

hi

I can recommend Singapore, I've stopped over a few times over the years and there's plenty to do for the kids, they are very switched on to the needs of the modern day traveller. We've nearly always flown Singapore Airlines and they sort out the hotel for you - which is surprisingly cheap, not much more than you'd pay for a B&B back home. Singapore Airlines also gives you loads of vouchers to get into many local attractions.
Even if you're a transit passenger in Singapore then there's plenty to do at Changi Airport; they have a large shopping mall and frequently have live entertainment to keep you occupied, there's even a roof top swimming pool.

Mike

Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pompeymike
I can recommend Singapore, I've stopped over a few times over the years and there's plenty to do for the kids, they are very switched on to the needs of the modern day traveller. We've nearly always flown Singapore Airlines and they sort out the hotel for you - which is surprisingly cheap, not much more than you'd pay for a B&B back home. Singapore Airlines also gives you loads of vouchers to get into many local attractions.
Even if you're a transit passenger in Singapore then there's plenty to do at Changi Airport; they have a large shopping mall and frequently have live entertainment to keep you occupied, there's even a roof top swimming pool.

Mike

anyone know any decent links to airlines, or anywhere i canget offers,

ive googled it and found austravel.com, are the anygood, air new zealand s ok, bt dont make planing a stopover easy

thanks for the info, o and i just got my EOI papers through frte perm residence bit, scary now but very very kewl
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

anyone know any decent links to airlines, or anywhere i canget offers,

ive googled it and found austravel.com, are the anygood, air new zealand s ok, bt dont make planing a stopover easy

thanks for the info, o and i just got my EOI papers through frte perm residence bit, scary now but very very kewl
try www.ebookers.com - I think thats right
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:37 am
pompeymike

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
try www.ebookers.com - I think thats right
I second that, we used ebookers on our last trip and they were the cheapest by far.

Mike

Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

SAINT is an unknown quantity at this point

Try travel jungle - it's cheaper than ebookers.

TJ is a search engine and gives you lots of comparisons. Ebookers is a sales agent.

If you have pr or work permit - try NZ house they give offers and are flexible if sale of house doesn't go through on time etc.

Good luck!

Sue
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

SAINT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeymike
I second that, we used ebookers on our last trip and they were the cheapest by far.

Mike
Hi this is the site www.traveljungle.co.uk

Good luck.

Sue
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:55 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

We always use Trailfinders. Cant fault them one little bit.