Reload this Page >

Flights to NZ and transit hotels

Flights to NZ and transit hotels

Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ping Pong Pom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to NZ and transit hotels

Hi,

I've travelled from the UK to NZ a dozen or more times over the past ten years or so and have usually flown with Singapore Airlines as I enjoy the 12hr or so mini-stopover between flights. I particularly like the fact that I can access the transit hotel without leaving the airport. However, as I'll be bringing family over in August the flight prices have increased massively due to the school hols, and whilst they may come down after the initial flurry of New Year activity, I have to consider that I may not be able to fly with Singapore.

I'm considering Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong or Air NZ via either Vancouver/LA. Does anyone know if they have transit hotels or, if not, how long it takes to get from the airport to the hotel. I'll be travelling with my son and his young children for the first time and I'm trying to make sure they enjoy the experience enough to travel one way next time!!
Old Jan 14th 2016, 5:18 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to NZ and transit hotels

Hong Kong has an airport hotel that is attached to the airport but I've never stayed there (it's expensive) - but I'd recommend the Citygate Novotel, which is an easy 10 minute bus ride (shuttle bus provided by the hotel for free that picks up at the arrival terminal). The hotel is lovely - great food - and is part of the large and interesting Citygate Mall (good shopping) and on the MTR (tube/train) line.

The hotel offers rooms for day rates if you only want to stay a few hours.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Ping Pong Pom is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Flights to NZ and transit hotels

Thanks very much. I'll look into that
Old Jan 15th 2016, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to NZ and transit hotels

Originally Posted by Ping Pong Pom View Post
Thanks very much. I'll look into that
We stayed there for 1 night, late September after an overnight flight delay Air NZ Hong Kong - Auckland flight.
Really nice hotel, great food, great room with a wierd glass boxed in bath! overlooking some thing dark with a load of street lights (the whole experience was in the dark). I'm sure it would have been a great view in the day - 20th floor!
Good bar and Stella Artois on draught while the Rugby world cup was on the big lcd.