Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights to NZ in October

Flights to NZ in October

Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights to NZ in October

We hope to fly out to NZ IN October.
1. any suggestions for travel agents/ airlines that you know are doing a good deal then?

2.Should we buy a single ticket or return?

3.If we buy a return are we allowed to leave NZ with the return bit to UK and buy another ticket in uk- is it cheaper to buy airline tickets in UK or NZ?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to NZ in October

Originally Posted by helinuk
1. any suggestions for travel agents/ airlines that you know are doing a good deal then?

3.If we buy a return are we allowed to leave NZ with the return bit to UK and buy another ticket in uk- is it cheaper to buy airline tickets in UK or NZ?
[1] I think it's best to book direct via the airline, as we have always found it cheaper. So look at the airlines that fly there. We've tended to find Air New Zealand and Singapore to be amongst the cheapest.

[2] If your like us and going on a visitors visa, you'll need and onward (outbound) ticket. That is to say, you must have a ticket for a flight to a country in which you are legally allowed to enter. If your planning on getting a job (looking for a job) when you get there you will need this outbound ticket. Were planning on an outward ticket to Oz, so if it don't work out, then we'll go to Oz for a few weeks, see some friends then fly back from there.

[3] If you enter on a visitors visa, then leave, you are not allowed to re enter i believe until the time away matches the time already spent it NZ. If your there for 2 months then leave, i don't think you can re-enter for a further 2 months, if that makes sense.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:18 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

I would look at the companies website direct...we booked our online with singapore air

www.singaporeair.co.uk

they were brillian and not a bad price either

or try airline network

www.airline-network.co.uk/

happy hunting
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
I would look at the companies website direct...we booked our online with singapore air

www.singaporeair.co.uk

they were brillian and not a bad price either

or try airline network

www.airline-network.co.uk/

happy hunting
Simon and Mandie
thank you
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

we used airline network and they quoted cheaper than going direct to carriers.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:15 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Helen

We booked both times through ebookers, including stopover hotels, taxi transfers and any onward flight here or car hire.

They have access to the same deals as the airlines, inc. stopover deals.

If you fancy a change from Singapore try Malaysian. k.L is great for a stopover too. I can recommend the Mandarin Oriental in K.L right next door to the shopping and the Petronas Towers. They are included in Malaysian Airways special deals.

HTH

Sarah xx

Forgot!!! Malaysian usually have a deal on for Sept/Oct so try then! Are you coming permanently? If yes, no need to buy return, just activate your visas!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

My plan is to use Low Cost airlines, if i emigrated again, i reckon you can fly London to NZ - 225 pounds plus TAX (125 pounds London to Australia)

London -> Hong Kong 75 (Oasis HK Airlines)

HK -> Singapore (JetStar Asia) 30

Singapore -> Darwin Aus (Tiger) 20

Darwin -> NZ 100 (FreeedomAir/Virgin Blue)

It would take 3 days though , and you would have to have P.R, it would be great adventure !

IOM Instiute of Migrants offer special tickets with very large luggage allowances for emigrants via Oz, it has already been mentioned here,
The one-way tickets are cheap, but there is a booking fee. IOM is part of United Nations too!
http://www.iom.int/australia/projects.html

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Jun 15th 2007 at 1:08 am.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

I use airlines/book travel on a regular basis with my job and as a rule of thumb, if I book direct with the airlines website and you know your outbound and (if necessary) inbound dates, you can book fixed fares which are a lot cheaper. Its when you need flexibility in the fare (ie option to switch dates, times, once booking has been made) the cost increases.

Also if you are booking direct, you must advise the airline that you are emmigrating (if you are of course!) and then you will be entitled to extra luggage allowance. My brother who has recently emmigrated to Australia took advantage of this allowance.

Also worth checking out the airlines frequent flyer programmes. Even though you might not be flying regular with them, by just registering free online this can also entitle you to other benefits when checking in...some offer additonal luggage allowance via this route as well..

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elsie03
I use airlines/book travel on a regular basis with my job and as a rule of thumb, if I book direct with the airlines website and you know your outbound and (if necessary) inbound dates, you can book fixed fares which are a lot cheaper. Its when you need flexibility in the fare (ie option to switch dates, times, once booking has been made) the cost increases.

Also if you are booking direct, you must advise the airline that you are emmigrating (if you are of course!) and then you will be entitled to extra luggage allowance. My brother who has recently emmigrated to Australia took advantage of this allowance.

Also worth checking out the airlines frequent flyer programmes. Even though you might not be flying regular with them, by just registering free online this can also entitle you to other benefits when checking in...some offer additonal luggage allowance via this route as well..

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Most of the Frequent Flyer programmes we looked out don't kick in till after the 1st flights :curse: