Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights in December

Flights in December

Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

donscbr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights in December

As the fellas visa hasn't come through yet and isn't likely to until end of Jan, I thought I'd head across to NZ early basically cause I couldn't stand to thought of another winter in the UK.
Now, I know a few of you are looking at flying over around December too, but have you actually looked at the price of the tickets???? MY GOD!!!

fly from the 1st Dec and you instantly pay a couple of hundred quid more, (£600-800 for a ticket) which I spose is ok, but forget about flying the other half out for Xmas leaving the Uk on the 15th dec and returning 5th Jan cost £4,000!!!!!
Please, if anyone has found a superdooper cheap flight website, let me know!!!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice
Default Re: Flights in December

Flights over christmas to anywhere is always expensive, I'm looking at the sailing shop route like Cook did.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights in December

Originally Posted by donscbr6
As the fellas visa hasn't come through yet and isn't likely to until end of Jan, I thought I'd head across to NZ early basically cause I couldn't stand to thought of another winter in the UK.
Now, I know a few of you are looking at flying over around December too, but have you actually looked at the price of the tickets???? MY GOD!!!

fly from the 1st Dec and you instantly pay a couple of hundred quid more, (£600-800 for a ticket) which I spose is ok, but forget about flying the other half out for Xmas leaving the Uk on the 15th dec and returning 5th Jan cost £4,000!!!!!
Please, if anyone has found a superdooper cheap flight website, let me know!!!
I had a brief look at the sites that i used to book mine, Xmas is the peak period of the year of course, and the dates you quoted are probably the peak days in the peak period (2-3 weeks hol). I could find 770 GBP leaving 11 Dec returning 18 Jan from London, AirNZ Special offer), Maybe you can ask AusTravel , if there are any Round The World tickets 880 GBP (using AirNZ) available for those dates on 0870 166 2020 , they may keep extra seats for RTW tickets. I fly from Amsterdam, i saw Singapore airlines single flight for 350 ish pounds, but at the start of December.
There are good bargains on www.austravel.com , the AirNZ special offers are on the www.airnewzealand.co.uk (click on web specials)
Have you seen my post about emigrating using Low Cost Airlines for 225 + Tax ? It takes a few days but very cheap via HK, Singapore, Darwin to AKL

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399632
You would have to have return tickets to get in/out of aus/nz