Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights Booked (one way)!

Flights Booked (one way)!

Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights Booked (one way)!

Well as the title says, flights booked for April.
The nerves are setting in.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:14 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights Booked (one way)!

Yay! I booked mine on Friday night for April 3rd! One way too. Funny enough I found it calming because it means decision made and I have a date to work towards.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Congratulations!
I found it comforting to have a date but then nearly cried when I said 'no return needed'
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on booking your flight
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on getting them booked. I also felt relief at getting my flight booked, meant there was no turning back anymore..plus I only booked them 6 weeks before I left so it meant the start of a whole lot of work!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

It hit me this morning on the way into work.
We have a month and a bit to pack the house up, its being rented from January 2011.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LukeandJo View Post
It hit me this morning on the way into work.
We have a month and a bit to pack the house up, its being rented from January 2011.
It's normal!! I'm still panicking now and I'm here!
It's a big move and you wouldn't be normal if you didn't have a panic... it's all good though. (Wow, how Kiwi am I?!)
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road

its a nice feeling knowing that its one way. we arrive NZ 5th April when the fun really begins. No job, no house, no worries
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

bunnyphobia is on a distinguished road

Fab fab fab Seriously, enjoy the chaos and be ready for an adventure.

April's aaaaaages away....
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

hey with all the stuff we have to do April is just round the corner.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

bunnyphobia is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LukeandJo View Post
hey with all the stuff we have to do April is just round the corner.
I know it is. My tongue was firmly in cheek when I wrote that

Best of luck!
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you and thanks for all the replies and good wishes.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

skybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud of

One good thing to check is that if you tell your airline you are emigrating some airlines will allow you an extra Baggage allowance. We are flying on next Thursday and now have an extra 20KG.

Even after having practice packs of the luggage before the house contents were shipped it was hard to stay under the original allowance!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Angelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really nice

Originally Posted by skybluestu View Post
One good thing to check is that if you tell your airline you are emigrating some airlines will allow you an extra Baggage allowance. We are flying on next Thursday and now have an extra 20KG.

Even after having practice packs of the luggage before the house contents were shipped it was hard to stay under the original allowance!
Do you mind if I ask who you flew with? I am looking to book my flights now and will need 2 cases for myself!!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:40 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angelaoliver View Post
Do you mind if I ask who you flew with? I am looking to book my flights now and will need 2 cases for myself!!
Air NZ charge £35 for the first extra bag per passenger, quite reasonable and the best shipping for 23Kg to NZ you will get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.