Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights booked...Oh my Goodness

Flights booked...Oh my Goodness

Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights booked...Oh my Goodness

Just booked our flights. NZ001 Sun 8th November. Wow its so real now.

Dogs booked on it too
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:24 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flights booked...Oh my Goodness

Originally Posted by Numptyhead

Dogs booked on it too
omg numpty, was you pooping yourselves booking them?? wow, its great for you all, sure time will fly by too, well done one more step closer

tina. x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Was it a painless ride going through the immigration process?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:43 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
I can tell you lukeandjo it aint for us we have been referred to the medical assessors and been waiting 3 weeks already and no news, still waiting c/o has said it could be another 2-3 weeks, however, there are so many that go through plain sailing which is great and all the best to them, as they are so supportive and positive to those that it takes a bit longer for.

tina. x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at jobs - alot of adverts state at the bottom that applicant must have permission to work in NZ.

But do you have to have a job lined up before you apply?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Hi Luke and Jo

I wouldn't have described it as painful or painless, it is very time consuming with patience and attention to detail, being the keys.

For us, I needed to pass an english exam and be registered in NZ as a nurse, and I did this before I put in the EOI as it can take quite a while. I was so pissed off I had to take the exam, but nothing I could do about it. If you want in, you have to comply exactly to the letter. No exceptions!

If you have enough points to get picked out of the EOI pool you don't have to have a job in NZ but the process takes much longer. Luckily for us, I got a job whilst I was preparing our ITA.

The medical is the biggest hurdle...as far as I am concerned anyway and I planned well ahead because I knew I would fail it as I was. It was hell for me but so worth it in the end as I sailed through. The biggie for me was the BMI...as long as that was under 35, all would be okay, as I knew I should be okay on having to take the extra blood tests, because of my larger than average waist
I smoke so I was terrified of the xray results. I'm also knocking on a bit now so I chose not to drink for weeks prior to the blood tests. Just didn't want to take any chances with my liver function results. I have made up for the deficit since we passed the medicals

Personally I think it is better to plan ahead and not to jump into the process too quickly. Slowly, slowly, catchee, monkey as they say.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
omg numpty, was you pooping yourselves booking them?? wow, its great for you all, sure time will fly by too, well done one more step closer

tina. x
Hi Tina

I couldn't believe I was actually doing it.

I hope everything pans out ok for you. I'm sure it will
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Dogs booked on it too

Goodness Maria!! heartfelt 'well done'
I wish we could book our flights too - but hey ho , patience is a virtue isnt it?
l
Berni
x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 127luton
Goodness Maria!! heartfelt 'well done'
I wish we could book our flights too - but hey ho , patience is a virtue isnt it?
l
Berni
x
Thank you Berni. Hopefully it won't be much longer for you now
Old Sep 16th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Dogs booked on it too
WOW How exciting is that
Wishing you all the very best.

Chris x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Congratulations - you must be soooo excited. I too am destined for Whakatane and have a job waiting. Hold ups are house sale and my ITA took 9 weeks from EOI selection?? Still is in now. Good luck - maybe i will bump into you on the strand some day soon? Am taking two cats - who would you recommend?
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Congratulations - you must be soooo excited. I too am destined for Whakatane and have a job waiting. Hold ups are house sale and my ITA took 9 weeks from EOI selection?? Still is in now. Good luck - maybe i will bump into you on the strand some day soon? Am taking two cats - who would you recommend?
Thanks chuck. Although we are yet to fly out we are using Golden Arrow Shippers. £2414 for two pugs all inclusive. There are cheaper ones about apparently but I just like the feel about Chris, his wife and Steve in the office. They say they will send something, it always here the next day
Old Sep 18th 2009, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done hun
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hey, you will have to keep in touch. When are you hoping to be out there for?

Our ITA went in on the 12th Aug and we had our passports and the all important stickers by the 7th September. Where's your job in Whakatane?
PM me if you prefer
Maria
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:34 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you've finally got a date to get out here! It's about time
Enjoy the time you have left in the UK.
Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.