Flights booked

Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road
Default Flights booked

when we started this adventure I thought the hardest decision was whether or not get on the roller coaster. I was wrong. the hardest thing was deciding / agreeing when we are going but it is done now and after a short stop in Sydney we will be in Auckland on 5th April 2011, would have prefered Wellington but we can work our way there. with a bit of luck we will get upgraded as we have sufficient emirate points to fly business class to dubai.

now the real fun begins - too many decisions - ship it, store it or bin it!!

when do we tell the dogs that they are moving to NZ
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default Re: Flights booked

Good stuff!!!

Did you book one way? I know it sounds like a daft question but I'm being quoted around £800 ish one way or £1000 return, I figured pay the grand and maybe come back next year to see family and friends etc as the father in law can't travel long distances.

Also, anyone got any tips for a decent stop over on route?

Sorry to hijack the thread Mr P, I know, I should get my own shouldn't I!!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
Good stuff!!!

Did you book one way? I know it sounds like a daft question but I'm being quoted around £800 ish one way or £1000 return, I figured pay the grand and maybe come back next year to see family and friends etc as the father in law can't travel long distances.

Also, anyone got any tips for a decent stop over on route?

Sorry to hijack the thread Mr P, I know, I should get my own shouldn't I!!
hi you should look on air newzealand web site , was on there today
two people economy one way inc taxs £1,345 into auckland
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Nah, nee way I'll pay that! £748 with BA from the Toon to Auckland via everybloodywhere, £680 with Emirates via Dubai and only 1 stop which is great but no first class and champers with those boys for me.

Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhh bollox's, just re-read your post, you meant for both didn't you, not each, sorry mate, that's a canny deal.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road

thought about paying for a return but decided just going for the one way ticket from Glasgow, stopping in Sydney for 3 nights with emirates. if we are coming back for any reason we will just buy a return then.

trawled the net for flights and there is very little in it unless you go for singapore or malaysian airlines.

we flew with emirates earlier this year and flight was fine, leg room was adequate.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying Qantas when we go in January. Its Premium Economy Heathrow to Sydney then Economy Sydney to Auckland. It is more expensive but you do get the added comfort and extra baggage allowance as well. Have a look, scroll down to Heathrow checkin.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/150487/

June