Flights Booked

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hothouse is a jewel in the roughHothouse is a jewel in the roughHothouse is a jewel in the roughHothouse is a jewel in the rough
Default Flights Booked

Hi All

As the thread says flights are booked and will be arriving in ChCH on the 13/09 for 2 weeks of driving quite a few miles and hopefully meeting quite a few people.

I'm flying with Emirates via Dubai. Anyone had any experience of Emirates. From what i've heard economy is very good. I,ve booked a room close to Dubai airport as there is a 9 hour wait between flights and i thought it might be an idea to get some proper rest and a shower as the next leg is 21hrs non stop

Cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flights Booked

Originally Posted by Hothouse
Hi All

As the thread says flights are booked and will be arriving in ChCH on the 13/09 for 2 weeks of driving quite a few miles and hopefully meeting quite a few people.

I'm flying with Emirates via Dubai. Anyone had any experience of Emirates. From what i've heard economy is very good. I,ve booked a room close to Dubai airport as there is a 9 hour wait between flights and i thought it might be an idea to get some proper rest and a shower as the next leg is 21hrs non stop

Cheers
Emirates are very good - lots of chocolate and ice creams and a good inflight movie selection!!!
Dubai airport is nice with quite a few good shops to pass the hours - enjoy!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hothouse
Hi All

Cheers
Hi

We flew Emirates when we moved here and had no issues with the flight atall, the airport is pretty busy and if you have not booked a car to take you to the hotel from the airport the taxi rank is well ......... at best chaotic, we arrived there at the usual 12.15am and waited 40min for a taxi in a bustling crowd with no outside air con only a piddly little fan moving the air.

If you have not booked a transfer might be worth while asking the hotel if they do them, would save a lot of hassle

But the flights pretty good, im 6ft and pretty 'sturdy' and had no problems with room on the seats, but have heard recently that they have taken away the foot rests under the seats in front??

Good luck
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Hothouse is a jewel in the roughHothouse is a jewel in the roughHothouse is a jewel in the roughHothouse is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Hi

We flew Emirates when we moved here and had no issues with the flight atall, the airport is pretty busy and if you have not booked a car to take you to the hotel from the airport the taxi rank is well ......... at best chaotic, we arrived there at the usual 12.15am and waited 40min for a taxi in a bustling crowd with no outside air con only a piddly little fan moving the air.

If you have not booked a transfer might be worth while asking the hotel if they do them, would save a lot of hassle

But the flights pretty good, im 6ft and pretty 'sturdy' and had no problems with room on the seats, but have heard recently that they have taken away the foot rests under the seats in front??

Good luck
Thanks for the info on the taxi rank, i'll give the hotel a bell closer to the time and hopefully arranged a transfer. I managed to get a cheap room at the Meridian which is only about a mile from the airport

The seats look like a "techies" heaven with all the gizmo's

Cheers