Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights Booked !!!!

Flights Booked !!!!

Old Nov 12th 2006, 6:47 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flights Booked !!!!

Well, thats the flights booked. It's now offical, I b#gg%r off in Feb and Jac follows in March. Now its time to start putting everything in place, shipping, banks, somewhere to live, yippeee. Looks like we're going to be busy, as well as finishing decorating our house here before we rent it out.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:34 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights Booked !!!!

Excited then?

Where you heading?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Excited then?

Where you heading?

Somewhere south of Auckland, about 40 mins drive, possibly Pukekohe.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:40 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spackster
Somewhere south of Auckland, about 40 mins drive, possibly Pukekohe.
Well done you two, you're way ahead of us.

We hope to leave mid Jan, early Feb too, but haven't booked flights yet due to erring on side of caution for paperwork back and also need house on market before we go - and that's a tall order in itself!

Who are you flying with? Did you get a good price?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well done you two, you're way ahead of us.

We hope to leave mid Jan, early Feb too, but haven't booked flights yet due to erring on side of caution for paperwork back and also need house on market before we go - and that's a tall order in itself!

Who are you flying with? Did you get a good price?
Were flying with singapore airlines again, we've used them twice before and they've been wonderfull. price wise £450 pre-booked seats with even more legroom Whilst on the phone i was told with NZ they normally use the weight limits that apply to Oz, and that they don't offically have upper weight limits for migrating travellers to NZ.

I know the feeling of sorting out the house, trying to decorate everywhere before we go, and with 4 days and 7 evenings left to decorate a bedroom that we haven't even started yet, before our tenants move in is a little daunting.

hey ho, ashe opens another can.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:10 pm

Were flying with singapore airlines again, we've used them twice before and they've been wonderfull. price wise £450 pre-booked seats with even more legroom Whilst on the phone i was told with NZ they normally use the weight limits that apply to Oz, and that they don't offically have upper weight limits for migrating travellers to NZ.

I know the feeling of sorting out the house, trying to decorate everywhere before we go, and with 4 days and 7 evenings left to decorate a bedroom that we haven't even started yet, before our tenants move in is a little daunting.

hey ho, ashe opens another can.
That sounds a very good price. we went Singapore Airlines earlier this year and they were v good. Kids don't want to go with them again because of the smell of noodles and sesame oil at breakfast is not good!! Kids have been told it's not down to them!!

Yes, you get more baggage allowance via the States but I don't want to risk going via the States - drama queen that I am!

One things for sure - we will never buy an old house again - they tend to fall down around your ears!! That's what I like about New Zealand - the New bit!!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

That sounds a very good price. we went Singapore Airlines earlier this year and they were v good. Kids don't want to go with them again because of the smell of noodles and sesame oil at breakfast is not good!! Kids have been told it's not down to them!!

Yes, you get more baggage allowance via the States but I don't want to risk going via the States - drama queen that I am!

One things for sure - we will never buy an old house again - they tend to fall down around your ears!! That's what I like about New Zealand - the New bit!!

Our house was built in 1890, and as of yet not found a straight wall or floor!!!!! Dont blame you for not wanting to go via the States. No civil liberties at all. As for smell of sesame oil stick olibus oil up their noses! (not sure how you spell that)
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:21 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Try Malaysian. You get fish porridge for the babies!! Looked like wall paper paste and smelt foul :scared:
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:26 pm

Our house was built in 1890, and as of yet not found a straight wall or floor!!!!! Dont blame you for not wanting to go via the States. No civil liberties at all. As for smell of sesame oil stick olibus oil up their noses! (not sure how you spell that)

Ha, beat you, ours 1871??!!! Bloody wreck! The house not me. Actually me too!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Well, thats the flights booked. It's now offical, I b#gg%r off in Feb and Jac follows in March. Now its time to start putting everything in place, shipping, banks, somewhere to live, yippeee. Looks like we're going to be busy, as well as finishing decorating our house here before we rent it out.
congrats to you both
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:44 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to both of you
Really pleased to hear it is coming together for you, maybe see you in the New Year
Oscar says well done!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
osc.bmp (225.1 KB, 62 views)
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Hi congratulations, scary isn't it we are in the same boat just sold house bust packing, fly out 0n 3rd Dec
good luck