Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

FLIGHTS BOOKED... 17 WEEKS & COUNTING!

FLIGHTS BOOKED... 17 WEEKS & COUNTING!

Old Feb 17th 2010, 2:30 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLIGHTS BOOKED... 17 WEEKS & COUNTING!

Booked flights last night... yipeeeeeeeeeee!

The hubby and I leave Manchester on Thurs 17th June, arrive in LA the same afternoon, little break in LA for 2.5 days, leave midnight on the 19th and arrive in Auckland the morning of the 21st!

Which incidentally is my dads birthday and they will be picking us up... nice birthday prezzie eh! Might treat him to an extra large toblerone from duty free too

Anyone else travelling around this time?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: FLIGHTS BOOKED... 17 WEEKS & COUNTING!

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
[F]Booked flights last night... yipeeeeeeeeeee![/FONT]

The hubby and I leave Manchester on Thurs 17th June, arrive in LA the same afternoon, little break in LA for 2.5 days, leave midnight on the 19th and arrive in Auckland the morning of the 21st!

Which incidentally is my dads birthday and they will be picking us up... nice birthday prezzie eh! Might treat him to an extra large toblerone from duty free too

Great news, we moved from Liverpool to Auckland Feb last year, and things are going well.

Still have bad days when I realise how much I miss my family and friends, but I am hoping it will get easier as the years go on. We are really lucky we have made very good friends that become your family here

Where are you going to settle?

Take care
Karen
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Those 17 weeks will go over so quickly!
Enjoy!!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Great news, we moved from Liverpool to Auckland Feb last year, and things are going well.

Still have bad days when I realise how much I miss my family and friends, but I am hoping it will get easier as the years go on. We are really lucky we have made very good friends that become your family here

Where are you going to settle?

Take care
Karen
Thanks Karen, we are really excited! My folks are over there too in Orewa, Auckland so we are heading there They have also made lots of great friends but are really looking forward to our arrival!

Where abouts are you?

Thanks RobDon, at last eh!!!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi Flowerpot

Big Congrats to you!!

Cheers

HH
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Congratulations Flowerpot

I've been reading your progress on here over the past couple of weeks and now you've got your flights booked... next thing you know you'll be off to NZ! Can't imagine how excited you must be. Hope your new life in NZ is everything you've wished for, best of luck to you
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

How lovely & exciting for you all.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:26 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Flower Pot

17 weeks will soon pass. Hope you have a lovely time in LA
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Karen, we are really excited! My folks are over there too in Orewa, Auckland so we are heading there They have also made lots of great friends but are really looking forward to our arrival!

Where abouts are you?

Thanks RobDon, at last eh!!!
Hi we live in Stillwater about 10 mins drive from Orewa.

Where about in Liverpool are you?

We moved from Maghull, but have also lived in West Derby

Take care
Karen
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:08 am

Thanks HHBop, BEVS & Team Embo... cant wait!

Lee Lee, I hope our progress has proven a little helpful for you, we took the scenic route what with a couple of medical hitches with my OH!
Where abouts are you up to with the process?

Karen, I know Stillwater - very nice place! Well we are from all over really! Tuebrook, then West Derby when I lived with my parents. Then Prescot, Roby and now Dovecot when I moved in with my OH.

My dad runs a pub quiz and play your cards right on a Weds night in Carp Diem restaurant/bar in Gulf Harbour, it has a massive expat following, you should check it out and say Hi!

My hubby has persuaded us to do the drive to Vegas when we have the 3 day stop over in LA... GOD HELP ME!!!

Chez x
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Will defo have to check out the pub quiz in gulf harbour on a wednesday night!!! Good luck with the move!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant future

Hi Flowerpot,

Congrats on the big move. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
We too are heading for Auckland but should be around August/September time when the children are finished their school year.
Waiting for the "Go" from Case Officer, the house to go on the market etc etc....then can book our flights.
Really please that everything has worked out well for you tho.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:36 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

so please to see you have finally got to this stage

Those 17 weeks will soon fly by, good luck with the packing

Dewb
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations Flowerpot. I bet you've got lots to do in those 17 weeks. Hope it all goes smoothly, at least you wont have to say goodbye to your parents if they are already there. Enjoy the journey
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Fantastic news Flowerpot - we too are hoping to fly out in June just waiting for house sale to go through 17 weeks will fly bye dead jealous!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.