Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights - Bargains Can Be Had!!

Flights - Bargains Can Be Had!!

Old Jun 29th 2014, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights - Bargains Can Be Had!!

Originally Posted by BEVS
(boring) For you TL, it sounds like you found a great deal that you could afford and annually to boot. Not sure if that includes accom & perhaps breakfast? If so then that is wonderful and I would be interested to read more.
No just flights, but which I why I call them a "(relative) baragin".

Having said that $850 return Auckland to LA is way below anything I've seen, and perhaps the for some the saving made on such flights would go a long way to paying for accommodation.

I accept it's still not a cheap and cheerful holiday, again "(relative) baragin".

I'm trying to get my cousin to go to LA at the same time from the UK, using the same dates the best price he's got to date is £750 return, with Air New Zealand, as it happens.

As for Mr BEVS going back in September, I've just done this search on skyscanner.co.nz;

$2,265

Auckland to Birmingham Itn'l RTN (I assumed he was heading to the Black Country)

Leave 10 Sep 2014 (via Singapore and Amsterdam) - 31 hrs 45 mins
Return 24 Sep 2014 (via Paris and Hong Kong) - 29 hrs 45 mins

OUTWARD;

Auckland to Singapore (Singapore Airlines)
Singapore to Amsterdam (KLM)
Amsterdam to Birmingham (KLM)

INWARD;

Birmingham to Paris (Air France codeshare operated by Flybe)
Paris to Hong Kong (Air France)
Hong Kong to Paris (Air New Zealand)
Old Jun 29th 2014, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

jambrose992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights - Bargains Can Be Had!!

Originally Posted by Blade Down Under
Bevs

Air New Zealand have got a $500 off return fare to London on sale until July. They're going for around $2500 via LA or Shanghai

I just hope their services for 10-12 hour flights are better than their Ryan Air standard service from Auckland to Perth, which took just shy of 7 and a half hours. National airline, in the words of Jim Royle - my arse! Someone has told me it's the same going to Hawaii, if true then that's United Airlines sorted.
Agreed re air NZ - used them last year to fly to San Francisco - Long haul I would avoid, they could really learn a lesson from the like of Cathay and Singapore etc, service and in flight meals / entertainment / room are terrible. They even try to charge you for extra drinks...

TL think I have the same flights as you going late August flying out to OZ with Virgin Aus then onto LA with Delta - much cheaper and certainly better than Air NZ worth the extra flight time imho,