Flights

Old Apr 12th 2020, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights

Originally Posted by Mishclark
Yep, I'm an Aussie who lives in Nz who is stuck in Oz atm, that's fine though as I have family here, am staying with a friend, have a credit voucher for my return journey. It will be a while before Oz opens up to anywhere but NZ..
Have you applied online for an exception through the Department of Home Affairs? I think the odds it gets granted are good, if you can prove definitively that you are normally resident in New Zealand (like can you produce a property deed or a lease etc, employment, proof of bank accounts in NZ, etc)? I am reading from DoHA's web site here - it says you do not need to apply for an exception to leave Australia if you are ordinarily resident elsewhere - though I imagine you will be asked to prove that:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

Qantas and Virgin Australia are running government-funded repatriation flights to Auckland from Brisbane and Melbourne until 30 April. Air New Zealand has maintained service from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to Auckland for the same purpose - not daily, but 2x or 3x per week from those three cities.

If you are not a New Zealand Citizen, you need to apply for an exception from Immigration New Zealand to re-enter NZ. Australian Citizens who are normally resident in NZ, are being granted exceptions:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...and-exceptions

I think you will be quarantined for 14 days on arrival in New Zealand.

Good luck. If you have a chance to get back, take it, as who knows how long these restrictions will last or how long these flight options will last. As mentioned the Qantas and Virgin flight options have a definite end date on them.

Old Apr 12th 2020, 4:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by carcajou
Have you applied online for an exception through the Department of Home Affairs? I think the odds it gets granted are good, if you can prove definitively that you are normally resident in New Zealand (like can you produce a property deed or a lease etc, employment, proof of bank accounts in NZ, etc)? I am reading from DoHA's web site here - it says you do not need to apply for an exception to leave Australia if you are ordinarily resident elsewhere - though I imagine you will be asked to prove that:

Qantas and Virgin Australia are running government-funded repatriation flights to Auckland from Brisbane and Melbourne until 30 April. Air New Zealand has maintained service from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to Auckland for the same purpose - not daily, but 2x or 3x per week from those three cities.

If you are not a New Zealand Citizen, you need to apply for an exception from Immigration New Zealand to re-enter NZ. Australian Citizens who are normally resident in NZ, are being granted exceptions:

Good luck. If you have a chance to get back, take it, as who knows how long these restrictions will last or how long these flight options will last. As mentioned the Qantas and Virgin flight options have a definite end date on them.
Good post.

Give this a go please Mishclark.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too worried, I don't have a partner only friends in NZ , both my kids are adults and one permanently lives in Oz.

I need to finish my work experience to be qualified and we are likely to be ableto do it after 29th june, so I'll hold off to get it done. My first aid is still going ahead in May so far.

My original job I had there whicj isn't related to my health care course is gone, I do have proof of address, I hadn't had a lease yet, was house sharing and still have that address if I need. I have bank accounts, same ones I opened in 2008 when first moved there. I will have new work that will take me on whem I'm qualified which will be July.

I'll sit tight and finish up my course then I might take on board what you've suggested if I still can. I do appreciate it and will save these links.

I'm using the time to spend with my 22 yearold girl as we haven't lived near each other for 2 years.

plus I'm too tight to pay for another flight. ! (Just kidding)

Last edited by Mishclark; Apr 12th 2020 at 4:48 am.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

And I'm a NZ citizen as I'm an Aussie..😊

I don't mind if it's a while but don't want to be back in Oz for 18 months!
Old Apr 12th 2020, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Good post.

Give this a go please Mishclark.
It's excellent advice , I didn't know and am very appreciative.

That's why I like the people on this forum so much 😊
Old Apr 12th 2020, 8:04 am
Just Joined

EyeResign is an unknown quantity at this point

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has warned New Zealanders should get used to border restrictions in New Zealand and overseas, saying they're likely to be in place "for some time".

She said border restrictions overseas would likely persist until a vaccine for the novel coronavirus, believed to be one year to eighteen months away at the earliest - some vaccines take a decade to develop.

"We will be having to manage covid-19 for months, until of course there is a vaccine and that will be many months," she said.

Ardern told RNZ: "I'm anticipating border restrictions for some time."
Ok, so border restrictions, but not neccessarily a full closure. Would still screw tourism, but i'll keep my fingers crossed for work visas!
Old Apr 12th 2020, 10:24 am
Just Joined

LeChief is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the comments and advice! This is a great way to find stuff out quickly. Luckily my job is on the critical essential list so I’m able to apply for special permissions to enter NZ. Just waiting to see what my prospective employer wants to do. Guess it’s going to be a long road but at least we are safe and I’ll appreciate it more when it happens. Good luck to everyone who is stuck and missing home wherever that maybe. Obviously I’ll let you know what happens next!
Old Apr 12th 2020, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shout out to Carcajou, I will be able to go, I am eternally grateful to you for those links and information. Just need to sort work experience first.

I can't thank you enough 😊
Old Apr 13th 2020, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mishclark
Shout out to Carcajou, I will be able to go, I am eternally grateful to you for those links and information. Just need to sort work experience first.

I can't thank you enough 😊
All the best to you, mishclark. Hoping everything works out great with work experience and your return to New Zealand.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

All the best to you, mishclark. Hoping everything works out great with work experience and your return to New Zealand.
Thank you , I'm going to enjoy my time here with my daughter, I'm luckier than many people..😊
Old Apr 19th 2020, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry about hijacking this thread, just wanted to let you know I will be able to apply to go back as I can prove I'm a resident in NZ, when I'm ready I just need to find a flight, if Jetstar don't resume by then I'll hold on to my credit, I have 12 months from Marchto use it and 2 years to travel.

My first aid course is 27th may, work experience hopefully some time un June so will be able to make it back possibly July.

Thanks once again Carcajou 😊