Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flight from UK to NZ

Flight from UK to NZ

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Yorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant future
Default Flight from UK to NZ

Any survival tips welcome!!!

Ideas on how to handle the jetlag would be great. Arrive 21st July and my course starts on the 23rd. Will I be able to get out of bed in time?

Your thoughts

Heath
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:14 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight from UK to NZ

Originally Posted by Yorksha

Ideas on how to handle the jetlag would be great. Arrive 21st July and my course starts on the 23rd. Will I be able to get out of bed in time?

Your thoughts

Heath

Night flights, avoid booze, change your watch to local time with each flight and stay awake till night time when you reach NZ.

Anyone else???

Good Luck
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Your thoughts

Heath
Stay awake as much as you can on the flights, get to your hotel or wherever & crash out!!!
We went to bed & 4pm & didn't get up until 9am the following day, felt great!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

What way around are you going? Going via the USA is mean't to be easier. Are you having any stop overs? We are going via LA and hawaii only 2-3 hours time diference.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

shaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura about

Your thoughts

Heath
Hi I just came back from a trip to the UK and had these homeapathic tablets called No Jet Lag. They were fantastic, did'nt get any jet lag whatsoever. Not sure if you can get them in the UK though
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Set your watch to NZ time and try to act according to the local time eg try to sleep if it's NZ night time, stay awake if not. You haven't given yourself long between arriving and work!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is different, I found coming via LA a killer. Even coming via OZ took me about 4 days to pull myself together. Your first week could be a sickie!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

We have also tried 'no jet lag' pills but I am not sure whether they worked or it was just pure coincidence that we felt OK. Here is the link just in case you want to check them out

http://www.nojetlag.com/
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:26 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We came via LA, it was 10.5 hrs from London to LA and i stayed awake, once we left LA to Auckland I slept for the whole 12.5 hrs, woke up refreshed and didn't suffer any jet lag
Hope that helps
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We came via LA and had a couple of days there and got rid of the jet lag there, we just stayed awake til LA bedtime... we were fine when we got here as theres not much time difference from LA. My OH went to work the very next day after we got here but he was tired all that week.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

HI Yorksha,

We arrive on the 21st too,

are you going via LA on Air NZ, or breaking up your trip?

we leave on the 19th - we might be on the same flight

Nisey
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Your thoughts

Heath
Are there still loads of restrictions of what you can take on the flight or is it all back to normal. It always helps if you can take loads of goodies on!!!!

Jads
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

No, still restrictions.

You need to watch the fluids,creams etc you take. They take everything into account.

No bottles more than 100ml in volume and limited to one clear plastic bag 20cm by 20cm. You can take baby milk etc but you still have to swig it in front of them.

The security gate at heathrow resembled a venue after a concert with all the discarded bottles atc.

You can buy what you like airside, which is a joke, beacuse they hike up the prices and like they've checked them!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Yorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nisey
No, still restrictions.

You need to watch the fluids,creams etc you take. They take everything into account.

No bottles more than 100ml in volume and limited to one clear plastic bag 20cm by 20cm. You can take baby milk etc but you still have to swig it in front of them.

The security gate at heathrow resembled a venue after a concert with all the discarded bottles atc.

You can buy what you like airside, which is a joke, beacuse they hike up the prices and like they've checked them!!!!
Thanks Guys for all your comments.

I'll be flying with AirNZ and looking at the itinerary I'll be flying via Hong Kong at some point.

As for baggage allowance I know I'll be over the limit and thats with sports equipment allowance aswell!!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
avoid booze
Sorry got to disagree here. Get absolutely blootered before you get on the plane, have loads more whilst on the plane (Singapore Airlines best for this). Fall into a drunken coma and wake up in your destination feeling a bit rough with your tongue stuck to your chin - and hey presto no jet lag. Works for me every time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.