flight prices

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:00 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: flight prices

so what does it mean when they say heathrow to sydney via singapore. does that mean you stop off at singapore for a bit - are they refuelling/changing pilot or something?

i am not familiar with long flights like this. i hope to sleep for the full 26 hours. i am terrified of flying.

we are using BA to sydney and qantas from sydney to wellington
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
so what does it mean when they say heathrow to sydney via singapore. does that mean you stop off at singapore for a bit - are they refuelling/changing pilot or something?

i am not familiar with long flights like this. i hope to sleep for the full 26 hours. i am terrified of flying.

we are using BA to sydney and qantas from sydney to wellington
Morning!

Yes the plane will be refuelled and inherit a new pilot at Singapore. You will most likely have the choice of either stopping over in Singapore for a few days if you want to, or going straight through to Sydney which will entail something like a 45min transit wait (get off plane, go to toilet, let kids run wild around the terminal if you have any, because they'll need it) where you can also leave stuff on the plane. Oh the crew will change too and passengers leave/join the plane. You should have the same seats all the way through though and luggage checked to your destination.

So sadly you are unlikely to sleep for the full 26 hours. But if you're scared of flying, I recommend the following - Arnica & Camomila homeopathic pills taken every 2 hours (available from Boots but get the stronger stuff or go to a Hom. Dr to get even stronger stuff) and a face water spray - a plastic bottle with water will do so you can fill it up on the plane to comply with the new laws re: liquids & hand luggage. I don't know what we would have done without this for our 4 year old. She gets very hot & bothered on planes (especially long haul) and it was an absolute godsend to refresh her.

Advice - get your luggage checked all the way through to Wellington. You can do this even though there is an airline change (we did this also with BA/Quantas - Quantas is BA's flying partner for that part of the world).

Enjoy. It won't be as bad as you think! Good luck.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:20 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

soe fantastic advice thank you. i am planning on doing the checking in online before we leave for heathrow. i am so excited!!!!