flight prices

Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flight prices

Originally Posted by Maz
Heh... don't worry, no-one in my family, including me, voted for him. We don't have enough time off, otherwise we'd be (a) going for longer, and (b) not stopping for so long in LA. We can leave the airport if we want - we're all USCs so there's no problem there. I can just envisage us being very bored indeed...
Jeeez,sorry,jusy sussed out where you are! Silly fat scouse has struck again.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:17 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Jeeez,sorry,jusy sussed out where you are! Silly fat scouse has struck again.
Nah I probably should edit my location, huh?...
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:23 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got prices for one way in Feb?

Looking on Air New Zealand the price drops off at the end of Feb ( £460 adult) and then again in April (£416) but didn't know what else is out there
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:49 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

It's cheaper of you go after the 15 th January and we have found Trailfinders to be the cheapest - it's (hopefully) the visit of ther lifetime, so do what you have to do (and can afford). We don't arrive until the end of Jan but have a spare bedroom near Wellington which you are welcome to if it helps - PM us,
Donna
Hey there Donna - I just spotted your post. Thank you for that. We are hoping to come over for couple weeks beginning february, so if we get stuck will get in touch!

Thanks so much , Kate.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

One way,2 adults,3 kids,3 days in Hong Kong,Cathay Pacific, 22nd Jan-£2700.
Was the cheapest by a mile-our award goes to................................................ ..................Trailfinders.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:51 pm

yep i think we are going to trailfinders.

6th feb returning 22nd feb

£3564 flying premium economy though

Now looking for somewhere to stay!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dreamfish
yep i think we are going to trailfinders.

6th feb returning 22nd feb

£3564 flying premium economy though

Now looking for somewhere to stay!
He He!!! What's the difference between economy and premium economy?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:34 pm

He He!!! What's the difference between economy and premium economy?
3 inches

nah seriously, we sit upstairs in our own cabin, have a footstool, cooked food and more seat space/leg room
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

lmw999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Anyone got prices for one way in Feb?

Looking on Air New Zealand the price drops off at the end of Feb ( £460 adult) and then again in April (£416) but didn't know what else is out there
Hi
Just booked with emirates through Moving planet.
I paid 1699 for two adults and a child on the 20th of jan one way.
This was miles cheaper than anyone else.
You have to become a member of Moving planet and to do this you need a CD rom disk to get a Pin code. I recieved the disk free from Brittania when they quoted me for a container.
Dont know if you can aquire the disk from anywhere else, suppose you could email them and ask them.
was also allowed to increase baggage allowance to 40kg by emailing the visas to emirates as well.
Just thought id let you know cause i thought it was such a good deal.
Lee
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:24 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that

Got a CD from PSS when they came out so I'll dig it out from the depths of despair, oops sorry, my study!!!:scared:
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:09 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Agree K&S. LA was a nightmare with our kids. Busy airport,and add a sprinkling of paranoia and a slice of lack of humour and you have yourselves a bad trip flan right there.
But if you're going all the way through from London - Akl, don't you just have something like 45 mins in the transit lounge? Total flying time is c.24-26 hours depending on winds and direction, making it the quickest way to Auckland from London. Although I'm sure it also causes the most jet lag (possibly on the return leg, I can never recall which way round it is).

At least it was still the case the last time we went, although this was 8 years ago through LAX as we went via Singapore & Aus (cheap!) the last time. And at something like 33hrs door to door travelling with the 2 kids, this was also surprisingly the only time we have never had jet lag. Weird. But great.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:54 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Apparantly the secret to avoiding jetlag is to keep going in the same direction!! i.e go out via the Far East and come back via the States.

We're hoping that the next time we do it we won't need to test that theory!!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Professional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to all

I moved from the US to Austalia in 2002 (4th July) - via LA airport.. when I landed at LA and came out of the local terminal to go to the international airport - the first thing I saw was a SWAT helicopter!
I spent 10 hrs waiting outside LA international - with all my belongings on a trolley - unable to go to the loo - eat or drink - and wondering if I was about to blow up in a bomb... was nice and sunny tho - and I think i did get a tan!
When I emigrate to NZ its definately via Hong Kong or Malaysia :P

When I saw the 'go to hell T-shirt' I thought i was in trouble - but thankfully I think the priest cancelled it out
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:40 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow! I wonder what had happened? Even after over 11 years in the US, I'm still not used to seeing cops with guns, hate that!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:51 am
Just Joined

CarolR will become famous soon enoughCarolR will become famous soon enough

We have just returned back to UK for a holiday. We left Christchurch using Air New Zealand with a stop over at LA, going through LAX was a breeze, very effiicent, a little intimidating with the photo and finger print thing going on, but we passed through very quickly. We then had the next leg of the trip with Luftansa, our agent done this so we could fly into Birmingham instead of Heathrow, I recommend no one uses this airline, food was awful and the plane was out of the arc, no screens in the back of the seats and everything was all a little grubby. On the way home we went East, the first leg again was with Lufthansa and there was no improvement. We changed to Air New Zealand at Shanghai. Now Shanghai was an experience and a half, one I hope never to repeat, we were only transiting, but it took 3 hrs to get through passport and customs, they made us re check our luggage, fill dozens of forms, it took 6 people to do 1 thing, they were rude, people coughed all over you and I hated every moment of it. We had never been so glad to be greeted by the Air New Zealand steward for the last leg of the journey. Air NZ were great, the food was great and the planes were all nice and new and roomy. Don't be put off travelling the LA route, I was anxious about it but overall it was equal to any other airport security and no big deal.

P.S. cool pics

Accommodation in Christchurch
http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/7745.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.