flight prices

Old Dec 25th 2006, 6:40 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flight prices

atrocious!
trying to plan a trip to NZ for a few weeks end january... its gonna cost a bomb in flights before we even work out how we will sleep and feed ourselves.
might have to cut short the reccie to two weeks, leave the kids and just get in as many interviews, houses and school visits as we can in ten days (once we have done our over night stops in singapore etc).
Old Dec 25th 2006, 11:48 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flight prices

Originally Posted by dreamfish
atrocious!
trying to plan a trip to NZ for a few weeks end january... its gonna cost a bomb in flights before we even work out how we will sleep and feed ourselves.
might have to cut short the reccie to two weeks, leave the kids and just get in as many interviews, houses and school visits as we can in ten days (once we have done our over night stops in singapore etc).
Oooooh bad time of year to go! We're booked to leave the US at the end of March, and we arrive on April 2nd. We're staying for 3 weeks (nearly, we come back on April 20th), and it cost us US$1,500 per person. Still a ton, but it would have been US$2,000 each in January or February. Or March! I checked for March, too. In April the prices drop by 25%. At least from the US.

I hope you can find something cheaper!

Merry Christmas nonetheless!
Old Dec 26th 2006, 3:33 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

atrocious!
Yip, NZ high season. Imagine booking flights/accommodation at short notice around Europe in August... same thing.
You think flights are expensive/difficult, you wait until you try and find accommodation!
If you are planning on being in one town for the duration it may be worth it still, but if you are planning a reccie around a few places then it may be time for a rethink.

Last edited by Apple12; Dec 26th 2006 at 3:54 am.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 8:05 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Cost us £998 each with Sigapore Airlines for 2nd Jan. I dont think thats too bad really for the time of year and all that.

Here we come
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:51 am

we are heading straight to wellington and staying in one place - thats the idea. maybe try leave it till end of february.

NZIS have had our ITA for two months now, so our application expires end of february. i was thinking that maybe if we asked for our passports back so we can travel it might prompt someone to pick up our ITA and assign a case officer

now i have been told its unlikely we will have any babysitters, so two small kids will have to come with us. :scared: one on each lap.... aghghghghhghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old Dec 26th 2006, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

It's cheaper of you go after the 15 th January and we have found Trailfinders to be the cheapest - it's (hopefully) the visit of ther lifetime, so do what you have to do (and can afford). We don't arrive until the end of Jan but have a spare bedroom near Wellington which you are welcome to if it helps - PM us,
Donna
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

My OH has booked with Emirates on the 1st Jan. £698.00 (one way) from Manchester via Dubai. I thought that was really good depending on day he is travelling. Most other airlines were more expensive apart from Korean airlines which costs £609 inc all taxes. The only reason he didnt book with them is that he doesn't like sushi (flight meals) and that was from Teeside via Korea - Australia - Christchurch.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 3:42 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz1
My OH has booked with Emirates on the 1st Jan. £698.00 (one way) from Manchester via Dubai. I thought that was really good depending on day he is travelling. Most other airlines were more expensive apart from Korean airlines which costs £609 inc all taxes. The only reason he didnt book with them is that he doesn't like sushi (flight meals) and that was from Teeside via Korea - Australia - Christchurch.
Had an e-mail from Singapore Airlines today, they have started their New year sale, Auckland from heathrow £660 inclusive. didn't check the details co's my one way flight is already booked

Adie
Old Dec 28th 2006, 4:14 pm

i just had one from Air New Zealand too - £619 inc taxes via HK or LA, inc two one way internal flights too! fro 18th february.... could suit us!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

i just had one from Air New Zealand too - £619 inc taxes via HK or LA, inc two one way internal flights too! fro 18th february.... could suit us!

the La trip isn't too bad (though i didn't do it with the kids) but you will get through LA immigartion check first with the kids
Old Dec 29th 2006, 12:43 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

How bad were the checks going thru' LA? Heard some horror stories inc. people missing flights. My mate works for BA and she says that availabilty is superb that way, I wonder why!! :scared:
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Agree K&S. LA was a nightmare with our kids. Busy airport,and add a sprinkling of paranoia and a slice of lack of humour and you have yourselves a bad trip flan right there.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:29 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Agree K&S. LA was a nightmare with our kids. Busy airport,and add a sprinkling of paranoia and a slice of lack of humour and you have yourselves a bad trip flan right there.
Super... we have a 6-hour stopover there on the way over.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry-'twas only our experience! Once in LA itself it was good! Americans are mental. I mean-doesn't George Bush in his second term mean owt? Loooons.

Are you just holed up in the holding area for 6 hours? Jesus,swap it to a couple of days! There's only so much fruit you can eat!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:52 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by danny.f
Sorry-'twas only our experience! Once in LA itself it was good! Americans are mental. I mean-doesn't George Bush in his second term mean owt? Loooons.

Are you just holed up in the holding area for 6 hours? Jesus,swap it to a couple of days! There's only so much fruit you can eat!
Heh... don't worry, no-one in my family, including me, voted for him. We don't have enough time off, otherwise we'd be (a) going for longer, and (b) not stopping for so long in LA. We can leave the airport if we want - we're all USCs so there's no problem there. I can just envisage us being very bored indeed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.