Flight of the Concords

Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:11 pm
Banned

gdawe6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight of the Concords

How big are they in New Zealand?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:33 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight of the Concords

They are only our fourth most popular guitar-based comedy folk duo.

My cousin from Putararu is better than them, although he's obviously not a duo.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

and double

I'd have no idea how popular they are . Neither one of us finds them remotely amusing . I think there is an older couple across the domain from us that rates them a bit.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
and double

I'd have no idea how popular they are . Neither one of us finds them remotely amusing . I think there is an older couple across the domain from us that rates them a bit.
Big here and in America, but I don't think Americans get them they just say they do, its that Monty Python thing that they want to be seen to get it, but they don't...

I prefer Brett's work in the fabulous Wellington International Ukelele Orchestra to be honest!!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:51 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

The guy who plays the manager seems to be on every TV show at the moment.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamlt1972
The guy who plays the manager seems to be on every TV show at the moment.
Playing the one character/persona that he can do, his stand up is awful, avoid Rhys Darby like the plague...
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:45 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gdawe6
How big are they in New Zealand?
Are you thinking of moving to New Zealand based on how popular they are, or not moving to New Zealand based on how popular they are?

Originally Posted by southerner

Can we have a Post of the Month next because this gets my vote. Can't give you karma again, have to put myself about abit first ...

and double

Such a Kiwi! Brilliant.

Can we have a late entry BEVS for Thread of the Month?

Ooops, and to answer the original question, I actually think they are bigger in the States - but NZ is very proud of them. To the extent that they are now promoting Kiwi fashion according to this weekends Sunday Herald! I didn't find them remotely amusing first couple of times round, but they've grown on me and now I find them funny and actually quite clever.

Last edited by Am Loolah; Aug 11th 2009 at 10:48 am.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 11:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Originally Posted by southerner

Can we have a Post of the Month next because this gets my vote. Can't give you karma again, have to put myself about abit first ...
Don't give him any more. I gave him some and if he gets anymore , he might think he is amusing & popular and then team up with his cuzzy .
Old Aug 11th 2009, 11:27 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't give him any more. I gave him some and if he gets anymore , he might think he is amusing & popular and then team up with his cuzzy .
For a Grammy?! Or a Granny?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 11:57 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh, I just watched all they have on youtube and thought it was great!

Thank you for introducing me to them!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 1:22 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I saw their stand up shows years ago and enjoyed them. What was funny was that many of the same songs appeared to have been incorporated into their first season of the show.

They do take the mickey out of faux hipsters quite well. Or at least, they did when there were real hipsters around. Silly word. But they took the pees out of them.

They performed before a Bic Runga Concert and I thought it was one of the funniest warm ups ever.

I agree about rhys darby btw. I think, also his stand up is very different to the 'characters' he plays. Well, it used to be - I'm not sure that is still the case. Does he still do lots of vocal and sound type comedy?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:13 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Rhys Darby. He has us in stitches. We must just be easily pleased
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I LURVE Flight of the ConcHords
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Rhys Darby. He has us in stitches. We must just be easily pleased
Yup you must be

I am a battle hardened Edinburgh festival comedy veteran mind you, my comedy threshold levels are rather higher than most mortals
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get it, then again I like "Steptoe and son"!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.