Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

flight booking question

flight booking question

Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all
Question flight booking question

hi there, my dad has kindly offered to pay for our flights. The cheapest I have found is booking on singapore airlines wesite BUT it says third party bookings are not allowed. My dad was going to put it on his credit card but now he can't....any advise??? I dont have a credit card, only a halifax visa electron, would they accept a debit card if i put the money into my account and do it that way??? Any advise would be great regarding this and does £2,400 return sound good for 2 adults and 2 kids (over 2) traveling in January?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Don't worry..........be happy!

With most online bookings part of the terms is usually the person paying with a credit card must be one of the travellers.

Not too sure about the debit card bit you mention, have not been in PoMland for 5 years.

Suggestions?

Try Flightcentre and take pops down there with you, take a copy of your internet quote with you and you will find Flightcentre will beat it…..usually by 3 pounds per person, plus pops can pay.

Try another online service like www.ebookers.com get your flights on screen, then give them a ring.

By the way 2400 for a family of 4 is very good……….well done!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:35 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: flight booking question

Originally Posted by stacey19
hi there, my dad has kindly offered to pay for our flights. The cheapest I have found is booking on singapore airlines wesite BUT it says third party bookings are not allowed. My dad was going to put it on his credit card but now he can't....any advise??? I dont have a credit card, only a halifax visa electron, would they accept a debit card if i put the money into my account and do it that way??? Any advise would be great regarding this and does £2,400 return sound good for 2 adults and 2 kids (over 2) traveling in January?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Minute.com's travel number 0871 222 5969- we booked Air Singapore through these and used our credit card. We paid £1,000 less than going through Air Singapore. We booked the hotel in Singapore for the stopover and 2 nites at a hotel in Auckland all through them. It was all cheaper (Hotels coming back too) than the flights only direct with Air Singapore. All in, 2 adults and 4 children (3 yrs - 13yrs), 5 nites in hotels and flights about £5,500 I think. Don't know about third party credit card booking though I'm afraid!

Hope this helps
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

scracha has a brilliant futurescracha has a brilliant futurescracha has a brilliant futurescracha has a brilliant futurescracha has a brilliant futurescracha has a brilliant future

Last minute are too dear. I got a flight for my mother for 565 UKP return (includes the 136 in taxes). Used my credit card and her surname is different from mine (she's reverted to maiden name). Korean airlines (not a bad airline when compared to Maylasian airlines).

Booked through www.cheapestflights.co.uk - 0870 428 6204
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stacey19
I booked my mothers ticket via LA with Air New Zealand and paid for it with my husbands credit card (different names) - prices were the best I had been quoted. Are you booking one-way or return tickets?