British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   flight advice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/flight-advice-717886/)

Rachelb82 May 21st 2011 3:54 pm

flight advice

Hello
Just been looking at flights. We want to fly premium economy but almost double. We leave 28th Oct. Do you know if waiting Will mean lower prices? Also is premium worth double the cost?

Thanks

Margaret Parkinson May 21st 2011 6:44 pm

Re: flight advice

We flew Qantas Premium Economy in January when we were visiting our family. In my opinion it was not worth double. Plenty of leg room so no problem getting out until they recline the seat in front which is 9" so then there is a problem. Plus you have to fly from Heathrow which is a problem in itself getting from Manchester terminal 5 to terminal 3 so you have to give yourself plenty of time.

Take a look a Air New Zealand's its OK if you are on the front row but see how close the seats behind are.

Plus if you are only going one way the money will come in very useful when you get there.

Where are you going to settle?

Good luck.

June

rogercruse May 21st 2011 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Rachelb82 (Post 9379165)
Hello
Just been looking at flights. We want to fly premium economy but almost double. We leave 28th Oct. Do you know if waiting Will mean lower prices? Also is premium worth double the cost?

Thanks

Can't comment on premium economy, but it's worth checking a range of dates as even a delay of a couple of days may be financially worthwhile. Check www.seatguru.com for the better seats.

Also, as you plan to fly Air New Zealand then join their loyalty programme BEFORE you arrive in NZ as there's a $50 joining fee per person if you join once here. Joining does make sense as you're bound to make subsequent flights and those loyalty points soon start to accumulate.

And you can combine loyalty cards using AirPoints Family.

chippy64 May 21st 2011 8:04 pm

Flights rarely get cheaper the closer you get to departure. Airlines set asaide a set amount of seats at each price band (for the cheapest fare might only be a couple) and when they are gone, then the next fare up applies.

john and julie May 22nd 2011 10:10 am

We leave in the next ten or so days and are internet searching to bits, we are also exhausting the travel agents....once I have beaten it to the ground, pleaded poverty and blackmailed avay travel agent possible I will send you the results lol...........roll on June.....Way Hayyyyyy :eek:

Rachelb82 May 23rd 2011 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 9379368)
We flew Qantas Premium Economy in January when we were visiting our family. In my opinion it was not worth double. Plenty of leg room so no problem getting out until they recline the seat in front which is 9" so then there is a problem. Plus you have to fly from Heathrow which is a problem in itself getting from Manchester terminal 5 to terminal 3 so you have to give yourself plenty of time.

Take a look a Air New Zealand's its OK if you are on the front row but see how close the seats behind are.

Plus if you are only going one way the money will come in very useful when you get there.

Where are you going to settle?

Good luck.

June

Hello June

we are moving in with dad and step mum, they live in Whitby nr wellington. so we are lucky that way. We are starting to look at stuff to ship out comparing costs to buy here and once we are there. just starting our lists now, what we need to do, buy before we leave etc. My dad has also said probably not worth the extra money, so economy it is :-)

Rachelb82 May 23rd 2011 6:50 am

Originally Posted by john and julie (Post 9380303)
We leave in the next ten or so days and are internet searching to bits, we are also exhausting the travel agents....once I have beaten it to the ground, pleaded poverty and blackmailed avay travel agent possible I will send you the results lol...........roll on June.....Way Hayyyyyy :eek:

Thanks, yeah keep us informed, its soo exciting but so much to do and organise. glad we get the extra months to prepare in some ways, in others we want to leave now. :thumbsup: