Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A fistful of travellers' cheques

A fistful of travellers' cheques

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light
Default A fistful of travellers' cheques

Happy New Year

well, (me, wife and two children) now have 3 weeks before we start our big adventure and head to Wellington (via a camper van powered trip round the North island)

I was going to order some travellers cheques today, but the woman at the bank told me that they (Lloyds) only deal with US, Sterling or Aus dollars. I had assumed I could get NZ travellers cheques. If we were to choose one of those, what would people recommend as being most widely accepted? I imagine US but thought I would ask around on here

Andy
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:43 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A fistful of travellers' cheques

Order them online from Marks and Spencers - one of the best rates around! And they post by special delivery the next day.

Kate.

Originally Posted by turkeys View Post
Happy New Year

well, (me, wife and two children) now have 3 weeks before we start our big adventure and head to Wellington (via a camper van powered trip round the North island)

I was going to order some travellers cheques today, but the woman at the bank told me that they (Lloyds) only deal with US, Sterling or Aus dollars. I had assumed I could get NZ travellers cheques. If we were to choose one of those, what would people recommend as being most widely accepted? I imagine US but thought I would ask around on here

Andy
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Kate

I had looked at Travelex which had a better rate than the banks, but will check that too

Andy
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:03 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish View Post
Order them online from Marks and Spencers - one of the best rates around! And they post by special delivery the next day.

Kate.
Marks & Sparks do travellers' cheques? They are full of surprises!