Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Fishing Competition

Fishing Competition

Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough
Default Fishing Competition

This weekend there is a Fishing contest at Maraetai,Auckland.

IF you think you have what it takes to land the ‘big one’ why not enter Maraetai Boating Club’s annual fishing competition ?

Open to people of all ages, the event raises money for local schools and community groups and runs April 22-24 (children April 22-23).

Club secretary Rhonda Pike said the event is a popular one for the whole family and regularly attracts big numbers.

“Last year there were about 500 adults and 122 children who took part.”

Entrants can fish anywhere, at anytime, throughout the competition, from the shore or out on the water.

There are plenty of great prizes up for grabs for the biggest fish across a range of species but there are two big ‘lucky’ prizes all anglers will want.

Each time a fish is weighed in entrants get a ticket for a special draw for the major prizes, a Mac boat and Yamaha motor for the kids and the 559 StabiCraft boat, Yamaha motor and trailer in the adult section.

Entry is $25 for children, $85 for adults with proceeds going to Beachlands, Maraetai and Clevedon schools, and the Pohutukawa Sea Rescue Trust and Beachlands Volunteer Fire Brigade.

Cut off for entries is midday, Friday, April 22.

Pick up a form the Big Fish Bait & Tackle Shop, Pakuranga or call Maraetai Boating Club on 536-6649, extn 2.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing Competition

OK.... thanks for that... will let my OH know as he enjoys his fishing.

SarahB
Old Apr 19th 2006, 6:23 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annaerb
Club secretary Rhonda Pike said the event is a popular one for the whole family and regularly attracts big numbers.
Sounds fishy to me.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Sounds fishy to me.
LOL....
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahB
OK.... thanks for that... will let my OH know as he enjoys his fishing.

SarahB

It's normally a good atmosphere down there Sarah. On the last night they normally have a band on, loads of people from all over go.
OH and daughter went out today for a practice and they caught some Big fish well my daughter did anyway
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by annaerb
It's normally a good atmosphere down there Sarah. On the last night they normally have a band on, loads of people from all over go.
OH and daughter went out today for a practice and they caught some Big fish well my daughter did anyway
I just mentioned it to OH and he says he is helping out down there anyway so cant enter. He's in Beachlands Fire Brigade and they were asking for volunteers to help out.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahB
I just mentioned it to OH and he says he is helping out down there anyway so cant enter. He's in Beachlands Fire Brigade and they were asking for volunteers to help out.

I'll keep an eye out. I know Rob (wife works for LJ hookers) who is a volunteer firefighter.