British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Fishing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/fishing-737945/)

Stormer999 Nov 5th 2011 12:32 pm

Fishing

OK that should have attracted the right crowd......c'mon relate your local trips fresh or salt.......rainbow or snapper......boat or shore......:thumbup:

sheene Nov 5th 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Fishing

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9716234)
OK that should have attracted the right crowd......c'mon relate your local trips fresh or salt.......rainbow or snapper......boat or shore......:thumbup:

We have got loads of Toads in the back garden.

I'll get my coat.

lardyl Nov 5th 2011 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9716234)

All the other lardies are see sick so rocks, beach and wharf for us. Done a little fresh water coarse fishing with the little un as he has a licence. Not caught anything but a mate who is really into fly fishing visited and loved that.

Mainly wharf catching mostly bait fish or small snapper and rock cod.
Fished off a mate's boat once but 12 of us were having a piss up and overnighter and it was just to get away from the verious serious drinking after 1am. Caught a couple of wee pilchards at anchor just off Waiheke Island.

waikatoguy Nov 5th 2011 11:56 pm

My favourite fishing story relates to when I was about 9 years old, out at Raglan. Me and my brother (plus dad) were fishing in a dinghy in the estuary. Between us we caught one small fish (courtesy of me). We brought it home. Mum painstakingly filleted it and fried it in the pan. I ate that while the rest of the family had sausages. I was so proud. Lol.

jmh Nov 6th 2011 12:21 am

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 9716902)
My favourite fishing story relates to when I was about 9 years old, out at Raglan. Me and my brother (plus dad) were fishing in a dinghy in the estuary. Between us we caught one small fish (courtesy of me). We brought it home. Mum painstakingly filleted it and fried it in the pan. I ate that while the rest of the family had sausages. I was so proud. Lol.

Aaaahhhhh.... bless.:lol:

Am Loolah Nov 6th 2011 4:44 am

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 9716902)

Adorable!:wub:

waikatoguy Nov 6th 2011 5:02 am

Well ... it's one of my fave memories. :o :)

Stormer999 Nov 6th 2011 7:19 am

Originally Posted by waikatoguy (Post 9717144)
Well ... it's one of my fave memories. :o :)

Well the girls liked it........;)

lardyl Nov 6th 2011 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9717199)
Well the girls liked it........;)

Yeah as it was probably illegal and they love criminals :p

My 6 year old caught a few today (snapper, spotties and wellow tails), some of which the regulars on the wharf would have taken home for the cat or the pan.

But then the Min of Fisheries guy was around yesterday checking out bait bucket and looking for lines :blink:

waikatoguy Nov 6th 2011 9:18 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 9717205)
Yeah as it was probably illegal and they love criminals :p

When I was 9, I don't think there was such a thing as Ministry of Ag and Fish. :)

hazeandsteve Nov 7th 2011 6:32 am

Got my first keeper/eater out of the lake a few weeks back.
Just need better weather when I'm home now......or this contract to finish so I can get back out.
had to phone my mate Captain dave on the Fearless to find out if I gut it there and then or let the smokers do it.

Stormer999 Nov 7th 2011 8:02 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 9718352)
Got my first keeper/eater out of the lake a few weeks back.
Just need better weather when I'm home now......or this contract to finish so I can get back out.
had to phone my mate Captain dave on the Fearless to find out if I gut it there and then or let the smokers do it.

What rainbow? trolling or on the fly?