fishing

Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough
Default fishing

A we have already been to NZ and tried the fishing I was wondering as to when we do emigrate (soon I hope) can I bring my fishing gear with me as it is all usable in NZ for the different types of fishing available.Any known restrictions on this being imported.?
Old Apr 14th 2006, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice
Default Re: fishing

Originally Posted by cherry
A we have already been to NZ and tried the fishing I was wondering as to when we do emigrate (soon I hope) can I bring my fishing gear with me as it is all usable in NZ for the different types of fishing available.Any known restrictions on this being imported.?
My hubby brought all his fly fishing gear. He did have to put it as a "load last" item for MAF to inspect. They may spray them and they will charge you for that but otherwise he had no problems.
Old May 5th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

I brought all mine with me but got rid of nets and flies (labelled to that effect) and had no trouble at all. What sort of fishin you going to be doing?
Old May 6th 2006, 7:28 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Dont think they allow bringing in Dynamite.
Old May 7th 2006, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bramptonbrian
I brought all mine with me but got rid of nets and flies (labelled to that effect) and had no trouble at all. What sort of fishin you going to be doing?

I expect to do some type of coarse fishing and as always Fly fishing .It is not a problem if the nets have to go but the flies are a lifetime collection of skilled manufacture .I do not mind giving up the coarse lines but when you pay out good money for fly line it is disheartening to have to loose them .I also sea fish coming from a fishing town on the east coast it is in my blood .
Old May 8th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

I expect to do some type of coarse fishing and as always Fly fishing .It is not a problem if the nets have to go but the flies are a lifetime collection of skilled manufacture .I do not mind giving up the coarse lines but when you pay out good money for fly line it is disheartening to have to loose them .I also sea fish coming from a fishing town on the east coast it is in my blood .
There is a great tradition of home-smoking seafood in NZ - home-smokers are easily and inexpensively available - my son was a coarse fisherman in the Uk and now sea fishes - we often smoke the catch - snapper is particularly good - as are green-lipped mussels. I also buy fresh salmon - from $19 - 22 per kilo, for home smoking.
Old May 8th 2006, 6:18 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

ooo i had been wondering the same. I am a carp fisher(wo)man- dont spose there is much call for wild carp out there? so will probably sell a lot of the carp tackle and just bring coarse and fly tackle.

if we were to buy brand new nets/landing mats/slings etc... then there wouldnt be a prob bringing it. is there legislation on the size of nets/hooks/shot blah blah?

on my list of things to check out over the next 12 months!
Old May 8th 2006, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dreamfish
ooo i had been wondering the same. I am a carp fisher(wo)man- dont spose there is much call for wild carp out there? so will probably sell a lot of the carp tackle and just bring coarse and fly tackle.

if we were to buy brand new nets/landing mats/slings etc... then there wouldnt be a prob bringing it. is there legislation on the size of nets/hooks/shot blah blah?

Plenty of carp, but dependant on where you're heading, they may considered a noxious pest and destroyed if caught. I haven't had any problems with importing tackle and if you apply the rules which you are used to (eg lead free shot etc) you wont have any probs.
Old May 9th 2006, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

I'm sure you'll be fine. I made sure my tackle box stank of dettol when it was opened (no smutty remarks please from nonanglers!) and my mate sends me his latest fly creations sellotaped into gretting cards. Looking at the situation from MAFs point of view you can't blame them for trying to keep our foreign germs out.
Old May 9th 2006, 9:16 am

what does MAF mean?
Old May 9th 2006, 9:45 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramptonbrian
I made sure my tackle box stank of dettol when it was opened
Took me two reads to get it!!
Old May 9th 2006, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

what does MAF mean?
Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing
Old May 9th 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

The Nelson/Marlboro F&G region (very political and despised/adored by N/M anglers) are so against coarse fishing they have banned it altogether. This is supposedly to prevent the illegal stocking of introduced species to the detriment of native species and introduced trout, actually it's to show a few immigrants who their daddy is. They have spent so much resourses dealing with this matter they overlooked another even worse, evasive and serious invader sneaking up on them (rock snot, as its known) which will have far reaching and irreversable consequences to the fishery and river systems in general than a few goldfish and the odd tench ever would.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 10:04 am
Just Joined

sbeehre is on a distinguished road

thought this would be a good place to post this to let people know about www.coarsefishing.co.nz

if anyone is thinking of coming down here and wants to know about the coarse fishing scene check the site out... i started the site about 6 months ago because there wasnt a dedicated coarse fishing website based in NZ.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 10:10 am

hey thats fantastic - thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.