Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

First visit April, wanting to move

First visit April, wanting to move

Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

tullula sunrise is a jewel in the roughtullula sunrise is a jewel in the roughtullula sunrise is a jewel in the roughtullula sunrise is a jewel in the roughtullula sunrise is a jewel in the rough
Default First visit April, wanting to move

Hello All

We are flying out to NZ at the beginning of April for 20 days with a view to emigrating. We tried 14 years ago, applying for a residency but didn't get in. So, here we are again but this time with our 15 year old daughter! I think it will be difficult to convince her that emigration is an option. I'm hoping that there is someone out there who has recently emigrated successfully with a similar aged daughter living on North Island whom we could meet up with or at least start a discussion thread with. My husband and I both work in education - I'm in HE and my other half is a head teacher at a residential school for children (11-16yrs) with behavioural difficulties.

many thanks!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First visit April, wanting to move

Hi there we moved here with 12 yr old and 14 yr old now both a year older.
They really like school,they found it alot less stressfull as the teachers here are relaxed about thier teaching and give the kids respect which they also get in return which is half the battle. We are in the south island but i get that the feeling will be same in the north too!
Get your daughter on this site and she can chat to others of her same age and area where you plan to move,here she can share her concerns and ask as many questions as she likes.
Good luck with all your plans