First Test!

Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:26 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Test!

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Most of the tries are by Jonah Lomu 12 years ago

What even the ones by Rokocoko, Howlet, and from a rough count 6 others?

So what, Lomu was an amazing player, flawed but amazing.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:29 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
My 8 year old has announced that she wants to marry Dan Carter!!! Thats one way of getting into NZ!!! Even my 2year old has just run round doing the Haka shouting " Go Kiwi"!!!!

Sounds like my 8 year old grandaughter Jordan. She thinks he so hot!! A ouple of years ago they had this huge billboard on one of the Hotels in Christchurch & Jordan used all the tricks she could to get people to take her past that building so she could look at her favourite rugby player...... gosh they grow up too fast today dont they but he really is easy on the eye so I guess they have fairly good taste in their men at such a young age huh?

My Grandaughter Jordan with Dan Carter taken last summer.

The infamous billboard!!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:39 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Well i have just sat in a pub with 16 England supporters and i have to say that i was very gracious in victory! I only screamed twice, only did one victory dance and only told them they all suck 3 times!

On a serious note it wasn't their best game but the way they controlled the match from the onset was brilliant, they showed a degree of maturity that they have lacked for a while, especially when the brilliant Perry made his gut wrenching run, and they proved that they can not only pass the ball and keep it moving but also that they can get involved in plenty of set play and close contact.

Cant bloody wait for the World Cup!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:45 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Well i have just sat in a pub with 16 England supporters and i have to say that i was very gracious in victory! I only screamed twice, only did one victory dance and only told them they all suck 3 times!

On a serious note it wasn't their best game but the way they controlled the match from the onset was brilliant, they showed a degree of maturity that they have lacked for a while, especially when the brilliant Perry made his gut wrenching run, and they proved that they can not only pass the ball and keep it moving but also that they can get involved in plenty of set play and close contact.

On an even more serious note, those 8 year olds want to hanker after someone more appropriate to their age - try Ken, I hear here's available since his recent split with Barbie. I too watched today from my sickbed and am now a convert to the Dan Carter School of Admiration!! Phwoarrrr!!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:52 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Yes agree the world cup will be exciting but honestly the AB's but they have a lot of work to do, they have to maintain everything for the entire 80 minutes. The world cup games wont allow for them to go to sleep like they did today.

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
On an even more serious note, those 8 year olds want to hanker after someone more appropriate to their age - try Ken, I hear here's available since his recent split with Barbie. I too watched today from my sickbed and am now a convert to the Dan Carter School of Admiration!! Phwoarrrr!!
Hey its all innocent fun & have you looked at Ken lately?? No comparison between Ken & Dan is there??
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:57 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by shepslady
Yes agree the world cup will be exciting but honestly the AB's but they have a lot of work to do, they have to maintain everything for the entire 80 minutes. The world cup games wont allow for them to go to sleep like they did today.

Hey its all innocent fun & have you looked at Ken lately?? No comparison between Ken & Dan is there??

When did they go to sleep?

They took a bloody mature decision to let Perry run on, whats the point in chasing? They knew they could make the points up, and to think it was complacency that he got the ball is taking away what was a brilliant bit of ball play on his part.

The let down for England today was that PRATT Hodgson, they should have brought Goode!

This is a year before the World Cup and the fitness levels were SO different.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:49 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

They took a bloody mature decision to let Perry run on, whats the point in chasing? They knew they could make the points up, and to think it was complacency that he got the ball is taking away what was a brilliant bit of ball play on his part.

The let down for England today was that PRATT Hodgson, they should have brought Goode!

Looked quite fit to me!!!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:51 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

How do you pronounce Rokocoko?

I must of heard 3 different pronounciations on the commentary today
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:56 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Please dont take that the wrong way, Im a huge fan of The AB's, nothing more exciting than seeing our men in black run out onto the field. I just felt that todays test was a game of two halves, the first half was brilliant & the AB'sjust seemed to be more convincing in those first 40 than they did in the last 40. I really dont think it has anything to do with their fitness at this stage of the game anyhow. Id just like to see them keep working on all phases of the game & not take anything for granted. They are definately on the right trrack but need to keep at it.....Ive seen the wheels fall off before & dont want that to happen again.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:48 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I agree - I saw the '99 semi-final at Twickers and am totally scarred for life. The ABs are about as well placed as they have been this far out from the last 3 world cups, but need to keep working hard on everything. Ozzies and French are still the dangers.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

First Test ? Not quite correct, AB have just made a tour to raise cash, England RU paid NZRU 1m GBP to play the game it is reported in the papers. NZ needs the cash !
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:25 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
First Test ? Not quite correct, AB have just made a tour to raise cash, England RU paid NZRU 1m GBP to play the game it is reported in the papers. NZ needs the cash !

I love how some people catch on to the REALLY important facts! Brilliant!

Shepslady, i agree, there is alot of work to do, but based on what they did it was fairly impressive. Not just because it was a record win over England but also because of the step up from the usual AB team we have seen. The constant changes at the end were a sign of confidence that we have not seen since the 90's.

As already said it wasn't their best game but the way they controlled it rather than getting despondent after every opposing try and going backwards, which has been the norm, is a sign of things to come!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:59 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

I love how some people catch on to the REALLY important facts! Brilliant!

Shepslady, i agree, there is alot of work to do, but based on what they did it was fairly impressive. Not just because it was a record win over England but also because of the step up from the usual AB team we have seen. The constant changes at the end were a sign of confidence that we have not seen since the 90's.

As already said it wasn't their best game but the way they controlled it rather than getting despondent after every opposing try and going backwards, which has been the norm, is a sign of things to come!

Have to admit I do feel a little better with not only their preparation this time round but also the fact that The coaching team seem to have their act together a little better this time too. I like the way they arent afraid of trying different things & hopefully this will help in finding the right lineup for the cup. Also love having such a young capable leader in Richie McCaw as well. Other options in the AB's favour definately have to be having Dan the Man there too, no one comes close to him right now.............BTW I havent thought of Oz being a serious threat for sometime now but anythings possible. As for England well they really have fallen to the bottom of the heap & have an awful lot of work to do if they are going to be back to their best. In all seriousness I think the biggest challenges will come from other areas. In the end of the day it stands to be an awesome tournament & I cant wait for it!!

Last edited by shepslady; Nov 7th 2006 at 12:45 am.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:08 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by shepslady
Have to admit I do feel a little better with not only their preparation this time round but also the fact that The coaching team seem to have their act together a little better this time too. I like the way they arent afraid of trying different things & hopefully this will help in finding the right lineup for the cup. Also love having such a young capable leader in Richie McCaw as well. Other options in the AB's favour definately have to be having Dan the Man there too, no one comes close to him right now.............BTW I havent thought of TOz being a serious threat for sometime now but anythings possible. As for England well they really have fallen to the bottom of the heap & have an awful lot of work to do if they are going to be back to their best. In all seriousness I think the biggest challenges will come from other areas. In the end of the day it stands to be an awesome tournament & I cant wait for it!!

true, true.
I'm not sure that England have fallen to the bottom of the heap, since there is still so much talent there but they have definitely got some talent! I have already said about him but Perry showed that there is something out there and fit i think he could prove a problem, but to be honest given the AB's form at the moment and given that they are starting to play an intelligent game i am not sure who will be able to match them!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:42 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

true, true.
I'm not sure that England have fallen to the bottom of the heap, since there is still so much talent there but they have definitely got some talent! I have already said about him but Perry showed that there is something out there and fit i think he could prove a problem, but to be honest given the AB's form at the moment and given that they are starting to play an intelligent game i am not sure who will be able to match them!
D'you remember what England were like in the year leading up to the last World Cup? I remember a conversation over morning coffee the Monday after they'd played Ireland in the Six Nations and we all KNEW they were going to win the WC. THEY were the ones who looked unstoppable then. They'd spent a few years getting that team to that stage and they were at their peak. This time, so long as the ABs keep their heads strong they're the ones looking good.