Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

First single/LP/CD bought?.........and when?

First single/LP/CD bought?.........and when?

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Default First single/LP/CD bought?.........and when?

Okay so ash has started the 80s threads and hes got me thinking.............first single I got?..................well I saved up I think abought 40 empty Golden Wonder Crisp bags and sent them away and got ...........Poison Ivy by the Lambrettas (it was quite catchy..........................Kenny Rogers - Coward of the County was also on selection) think that was 1980. First single bought? Madness - Our House..................I remember going to Woolworths that day..............we were so easy pleased 1982. First LP? Now thats what I call Music (original) 1982?.................First CD's - Wilson Philips and Del Amitri.1990.

Back to 80s memories.................Re. Mike Reid dying (aka Frank Butcher Eastenders).................anyone remember Run..run..runaround (obviously being shouted in a deep, rough, cockney accent......................Brill
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First single/LP/CD bought?.........and when?

hi jacky g here
first single i ever bought i think was haircut 100.....fantastic day

i remember we inherited a record player,it was a red box with a white stripe......and you had to put 2p on the needle arm to stop the record jumping...ah the good old days.....singing with hairbrush in mirror..
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:10 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

I'm not sure I want to admit to any of this, could be quite embarrassing but I was very young! My first record bought for me was by someone called Trini Lopez!!! and the first record I bought was Andy Williams.

I am not quite as old as these might suggest though!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garryhg
hi jacky g here
first single i ever bought i think was haircut 100.....fantastic day

i remember we inherited a record player,it was a red box with a white stripe......and you had to put 2p on the needle arm to stop the record jumping...ah the good old days.....singing with hairbrush in mirror..
I can still hear the sound of a record playing................all the crackles and jumps................remember the fluff clogging on the needle? Or did I just have a dusty house Yip and I did the hairbrush singing too...............no singstar for us
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:44 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Donny Osmond - Puppy Love

Still know all the words
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

First Single - The Lotus Eaters - First Picture of You (Early 1980's)
First Album - The Human League - Dare 1981
First CD - Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence (2 years before I had a CD player) 1990

Last edited by dash1965; Aug 3rd 2007 at 2:55 am. Reason: Got date wrong
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:47 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

First LP: The Beatles "Let It Be" 1970. I had picked the winners of a double that my nan put on for me. It paid $38 for a 50c outlay. I only saw $10 of it though But from that I got the record.

I was never much of a collector of 45's, preferring the LP's instead. My first album on CD was Bob Dylan's "Masterpieces". I got that early 90s (had had it on vinyl before then.)
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Pass de dutchy by some family type band,or it might have been Pink Floyd-Brick in the Wall.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:35 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

First single - A Good Heart by Feargal Sharkey. Mmm, vinyl. Still have it somewhere!
Couldn't name my first album or CD though
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:45 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

The first single I bought was Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen in 1975. I got it from John Menzies in St.Helens for 45p. I think that shows great taste for a 10 year old but then I'm biased .

My first LP was Abba's greatest hits, bought in 1975/6 period I think.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
Pass de dutchy by some family type band,or it might have been Pink Floyd-Brick in the Wall.
Musical Youth sang Pass de Dutchy
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dash1965
Musical Youth sang Pass de Dutchy
Elvis - Greatest Love Songs
Closely followed by the Grease Double LP!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

LP - Jimi Hendrix - Experience
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boopy
LP - Jimi Hendrix - Experience
Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde - was it Georgie Fame??? Anybody know???
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi everyone

my first singe was by Toyah, sorry cannot remember the name but i remember her hair on the front was all multicoloured, and my first album was by spandau ballet, closely followed by ultravox.
i cannot remember what my first cd was,
singing in mirror has just reminded me of me and some friends making up dances to the songs,, now that was a long time ago

with regards

kirstie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.